Agnostic.com

13 15

LINK More States Legalize Dissolving Bodies in Water

This illustrates just how corporate and theistic America is. Even something as logical as this is being stopped by corporate and religious interest.

sigh

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you as always for being a great educator Atheist.... this reminds me of ALTERED STATES film&book......people float in alkaline baths without light and wired to monitor their brain waves and vitals while they sleep ..... how long does this "water cremation" take for a cadaver to be disolved and how are the bones & teeth crushed "into ash" ? This could change my self interrment party saying goodbye with music kegger & a go to sleep pill and never wake up covered in my fold up coffin bed and Iowa farm topsoil.....could dead humans finally become compost & fertilizer for the birds worms bees and blooms ?

Compost, Beats the hell out of Soylent Green.

No money much in water.

Makes it hard for me to come back as a zombie. I guess I can work with mermaid.

Maybe you're as serious as I am to claim sovereignty over the greedy death industry....Darryl Hannah ahould be proud of you ....SPLASH !

How about I just donate my body to a zoo, where bears or other man-eating animals may enjoy my body as a meal. 🙂

I have no issues with it, I’m not sure your loved ones would like it though.

sensible alternative
but then when were the religious sensible

I hope they wait until they are dead

I think referring to this as "water cremation" or "dissolving in water" is highly misleading. It's chemical cremation. My main question is whether or not this actually neutralizes/destroys pathogens and pharmaceuticals. Secondly, whether or not any secondary compounds arising from the reaction are safe. I would also think for this to be effective, the solution would have to be at some minimum alkalinity at the end of the process, in order to ensure that the reaction is total and complete.

This should be of interest. Appears that one reason alkaline hydrolysis was developed was because it destroyed prions that often survived cremation. Given that the conditions are vigorous enough to not only hydrolyze the peptide bonds but also denature some of the amino acids, I'm not surprised. Story was in WIRED a few years ago:

[wired.co.uk]

We have a place in my small town, in Oregon, that offers aquamation. I wanted to go this route until I learned about mushroom suits; now, that's what I want done.

I like George Carlin's idea ... cremate me and add my ashed to a pound of pot and let everyone smoke me at my funeral...

Willie Nelson song - "Roll me up and smoke me when I'm gone."

Wow..awesome..I could be poured into the ocean!💗💗💗

Burial at sea required lots of weight like cannon balls steel expended gun shells or burnt garbage to cause the huge body bag to sink NOT FLOAT

@Larry68Feminist not when your soft tissue has been dissolved into water..they separate out the bones..which are more like dry sponge and easily pulverized..

Damn Catholics! 🙄🙄

Hmmmm... I don't think I'd like being poured down the drain 😊

You would not know anything about it.

@jlynn37 I know about it now

@Cutiebeauty As always, just say KNOW

My mate wants this to take place in his wheely bin - plastic trash can 😂 I think you’d be opting for something more respectful 😉

@girlwithsmiles I would like to be thrown into shark infested waters..
No burial or cremation or dissolving in liquid...

@Cutiebeauty sounds pretty clean.

@Cutiebeauty sharks don't infest waters, silly. They live there.

. . .and they are like 90-95% fished out because of the high demand for their fins and meat😣 so you might not find too many.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:469831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.