Agnostic.com

13 9

LINK No Milk, No Bleach: Americans Awake to Coronavirus Panic Buying

People have gone crazy. I braved Wal-Mart this afternoon and there wasn't one can of corn. Not one. No ground beef. And the cleaning supply aisle was a ghost town. I was at a different store yesterday, the lines were about 45 minutes to check out.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes at at least a dozen people. Hysteria in the Bible Belt. These should be the happiest people on earth, given the end in near. For people waiting to die, they're sure trying to live.

🙄🙄🙄

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thursday evening, Hamilton County announced that schools will shut down for 'two weeks' due to COVID-19 beginning this coming Monday. I always do my grocery shopping on Friday. It was just another Friday. I got to the store and there was a limit on eggs, no bread except the white bread, no frozen fruits, no 2% milk, no hand sanitizer, no lots of stuff. They have even closed churches! This is like the mother of all snow storms in Chattanooga, TN, USA without even seeing a flake!

@SeaGreenEyez It'll get here. I'd predict they will keep the schools closed through at least mid-April. Two weeks of incubation time. Wuhan is still shut down in China.

@SeaGreenEyez I agree with being unprepared, so this is a good practice run. Perhaps my statistics are incorrect, but I believe 100,000 people die every year from the flu. The only reason this is different is there is no vaccine yet. I bet 100,000 people don't die from it though.

No TP or eggs here in NW Philly.

No Milk? No chocolate milk? WTF? NOW I'm pissed.

I started eating everything I have saved for three years when Trump ,,,,,,won,,,,,,,,the election.
I've gained sixty pounds in three days.......I don't feel well. ............

The funny thing about hysteria and shortage is the end-timers seem to be prepared to shit themselves to death. I would never have guessed that would be the Rapture they have envisioned.

i hear ya. I was in Walmart and Aldi locally in mid-Missouri today and the bare aisles for no real reason are idiotic. I overheard one man say to buy something anyway because they could freeze it. Virus pandamonium rules and a Walmart insider told me they are not worried about the panic buying because it has put them ahead on their projected sales.

A closer look tells me this is what the current urgency is all about. We are being manipulated and scammed. Just wait now for the business bailout we will be hit with. The top 1 percent want even more of our money. Don't worry. You can take on another job. Anyone see a possible pattern here?

A true optimist after my own heart.

My little town in central Oklahoma is relatively calm. I have avoided Walmart for years because of their horrid employee practices so I can't tell you what's going on there. I went to Starbucks Friday and it was a smaller crowd than usual. We've been complaining about their housekeeping for about a year and a 1/2 now anyway so I think I'll avoid until things get a lot better.

Seriously glad I live right across from a Safeway, so it's not a huge trip for me. The place was PACKED the other day. I get my meats and veggies from the local Co-op and that place was packed as well.

They don't call it Safeway for nothing.

I went to the supermarket this afternoon to pick up my corn-beef and cabbage for Tuesday. It looked like a typical Saturday crowd, and I didn't see any empty shelves in the areas I was in. I didn't go into the toilet paper or pharmacy areas too much.
Areas of Pennsylvania with known breakouts are closing all liquor stores on Tuesday. Now that I can see causing panic!! Not in my area yet, thankfully.

Christians will do anything and spend any amount of money to avoid Heaven and paradise. As with everything else they do, it makes no sense.

Yes, so many end-timers are resisting the opportunity to go with the flow and just get sick and die?

I went out and got supplies with no problem this afternoon, then went to Applebees for my fave meal, grilled salmon, and it was about half full. They had taken the salt and pepper shakers off the table to clean them in between useage. But over in Champaign IL I understand it's like a war zone with no one allowed in, and subject to arrest if you try. I sense there is a new way we're going to be living especially in the more urban areas ...

No shortage here in NYC.. Yet..

accent on 'yet' ... You may be under martial law before you know it.

Idiots

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 14, 2020

Thank you Bob. I wasn't sure till just now........

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:470678
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.