Agnostic.com

22 6

Your personal number

At what point do give out your cell number? Do you only communicate through the site or do you make it more personal?

• 5 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 33 votes
  • 0 votes
ashortbeauty 8 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just think the cell number is more personal. My phone is usually within reach. So if you get my number, it's because I actually want to include you in my life to some degree at least. But you gotta earn it!

Why would I even do that?
Besides, no one has asked.

I've only offered my number to one person. Seemed appropriate. I take it onba case by case basis

I'd go by gut instinct on that one. If you want to say no, just say you'd like to leave it a little longer just to be on the safe side due to past experience. If they're not ok with that, it's their problem not yours.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

If someone messages me and I feel comfortable that we are on the same page or would make great friends I do give them my number which can lead to 2 or 3 hour conversations talking on the phone. Lately I've been getting texts which makes it difficult to get to know someone long distance. Ironic but everyone I communicate with lives an airplane flight away. lol.

I prefer phone to communication also

If I recognize their name and we've interacted here I would.
Almost everyone I've chatted with here is super cool anyway.

It depends on the person and how I feel about it. A good thing to do if you can is use a spare phone or buy a cheap one (I got a Blu android smart phone for < $50) and a pay as you go number which is also cheap. I use Mint. You can use that number just for communicating with someone you're just getting to know. This is especially critical if your regular cell number is used for your business or other stuff.

I've gotten to where I only give my number to people I have already met. And even then a couple of times I have regretted it.

Doesn't apply to me since I live in Thailand, but even if I were in the US, I use messenger, to save money.

Maybe because I'm a guy , but if a woman wants my phone number and we seem to click I will give it out.. If it doesn't work out, nothing ventured , nothing gained.. If she is a nut job then I will block ... Life is too short for games. Let's see straight away if we are on a similar path to be be here now .. living in the moment with love and compasssion.

I only even have a cell phone for emergencies and maybe I'll answer a call for certain people like my grandma since I know she doesn't text or use messenger. But other than that, weather its on this site or in general, I use messenger.I do kinda miss snail mail tho, there's something quite nice about getting a well thought out letter in the mail.

Byrd Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

You need to be carefull
Remember weird people do hide behind e sites
always do your due dilligence and be wary

Rosh Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

I CAME here for the weird people.

@Blindbird apologies meant there are lot of factitious people out there

@Blindbird You are the weird people 😉

@Jnei thank you.

I prefer my phones messenger service.

My cell is my only communication tool.... So many people have my number but then so many don't .

I do not own a cell. It is basically a ham radio in disquise so it can be monitored sans warrent. I have a hard wire which is protected by our Constitution until a coup ensues. Then we are all SOL. I would not give my phone # out as I am too shy & I have had traumatic experiences with the telephone having worked for the Bell Telephone system as an operator as in "O". I would rather communicate via an extra layer of safety by vetting contacts via online. Too many "American Psycho" out there. Or do I watch too much "Investigation ID"?

I have given mine out a couple times on Match.com, becuase we 'liked' each other and had exhausted the 'messaging'...

Numbers been given to me without asking in good faith I may add... Recognize all PM is monitored and been censored, I had seen youtube links to my music removed. The price we pay when we involved a middleman. Your number may be safe with me but I can only speak about me... there are funny moments I won't discuss here.

Why fuck about unless there is bullshit going on?

I'd give it out after talking for a bit to see if it served a purpose. Not necessarily for a date but many reasons I suppose. I like to network and find out what's going on. Deals and such.
I also like sharing in lives and being a part of something. I enjoy hearing from people and sometimes venting my day or sharing my excitement about something.

If someone just hit me up with can I have your number. I'd back off that. I'd like to know at least why and build off that.

I tend to give it out soon, but the thing is, if I lose interest after giving it to them, I can just do like most women I have dated have done to me, and just stop answering.

Sharing my personal phone number is not safe, I have had so many problems in the past for doing this. I rather using virtual numbers providers because I am just not willing to go through the same thing again...

Usually, people don't have to insist too much on getting my phone number. But that's when I talk to an acquaintance, a new friend, or a businessman. I try to avoid leaving my number to sales companies that tend to call to promote or present offers; it's pretty annoying. But when I conclude a contract and the company wants to get my number, I use a temporary one, and in this way, I activate sms receive france not to be disturbed by phone calls.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:47076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.