Agnostic.com

14 1

Is it relatable?

As being the odd ones in our society, dating has been pretty hard. Do you also get rejected by religious people often?

wokiepokie 3 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a believer, I would not have dated a nonbeliever. If I'd been an atheist back then, I would not have dated a theist. If my husband had lost his faith but I hadn't, I don't think I'd have been able to accept it. I'm the one who no longer believes and although he was initially in denial, he seems to have come to terms with it. Everything is currently basically the same as it always was.

Not unless they ask.

These days I'm rejected by everybody. Many agree with me and I make some laugh but that's about as far as it goes. Maybe they know that I will no longer fly around the world for you or move into some place that I really cannot afford. It's hard to find people who deal honestly and have common sense.

Other way around, usually.

Never happened but I’ve never been in an environment where religion is that important.

Who are the odd ones?

Odd ones in our society? I disagree.

I'm as likely to reject them as they are to reject me.

When I did online dating, I rejected several guys that said they put God 1st. My profile said I was atheist but I will never know if any of them rejected me for that reason. My profile also Said if you voted for Trump don't contact me. I had a couple of guys contact me and cuss me out about that part.

The 1st guy I dated after my husband died was a Christian and I told him I would go to church with him once. I went to sleep during the service and he never asked me to do it again. He was very concerned about his public image. I broke up with him because he was a control freak and He demonstrated a very different face to the public than he did in private.

Yes, on several occasions. I have also been rejected on one occasion for not being an animal lover, although I am not an animal hater, I just have no affinity for pets. I love and enjoy wildlife.

No man has ever rejected me because I'm an atheist.

I am fine dating Christians. We agree not talk about religion.

If a man tries to convert me, I'm out.

When I was a Moron (oops, Mormon), I married a fellow Mormon. When I discovered that it was BS, and was excommunicated from the Moron religion, my wife left me. So, I was rejected by a religious person. Happily, I am now an atheist, and my present spouse is a fellow atheist. 🙂

I should add that between my marriages, I dated. Many women rejected me when I told them I was an atheist.

I’m rarely asked out by religious people, but my current partner is apparently Christian.

I just do not put up there BS!

It is just worth time to invest in one that believes a mystical being over the realities of life!!!

Id go for the mystical being any day! 😱🤡🤪

As Ashley Brilliant said “I’ve given up my search for Truth and now looking for a good fantasy”

Well, the last dates I had I didn't even know if the ladies believed in God or not. The subject of religion and those beliefs didn't come up at all. I don't think it would have been a problem. However, depends on the person.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:479298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.