Agnostic.com

9 24

LINK URGENT! Tell Small Business Administration not to bail out churches

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is alarmed that the Small Business Administration will use the pandemic as an excuse to give a massive chunk of taxpayer funds to churches and other houses of worship. Unless you act, this could happen.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are like banks. What's the difference between founding one, and robbing one? Just like doctors and theives both wear masks. Lots of the big ups that got bailed out got huge bonuses. You are getting more to fuck up!? I know most gave the bonuses back, but still. And I bet it wasn't the tellers that got the extra monies as well. The churches aren't supposed to endorse political parties. This new thing called seperation of church and state thing. Just heard about it the other day. Some guys and I would sit in the break room for a while after work. One of the managers said during a surmon that "obama was the most evil person on the planet". He said he agreed with the statement, but also said that he should have not said that. Also I've read about some churches that have "vote for..." signs in front of them. If we taxed them like any other business (even the big ones that pay little to nothing in tax) we'd create a ton in revenue! They are selling an invisable product that has no guarantee...

Speaking of taxes here is something I think is odd. When you buy cigarettes they have a state tax stamp on the bottom of the box on the box on the plastic wrapper (unless you buy them from the rez, then they have a native tax stamp). Wonder why hemp doesn't. Also wonder why they put an age restriction on hemp and kratom, but energy drinks are fine. I used ti drink those all the time. One day I drank 5 240z cans of Monster. At night it felt like my head was about to explode! I called my sister (who is a doctor) and she told me to have my BP checked. I was 190/120 or something. Damn near strokey time!

Done!
I doubt it will help, however.

So churches are small businesses? They should pay taxes then!

Far from small business...

@Holysocks no shit, Sherlock.

@Mofo1953
Have a great day!

Do you have a petition that can be signed?

No petition but you can email the SBA Administrator at jovita.carranza@sba.gov, or send a letter to:

U.S. Small Business Administration
409 3rd St. SW
Washington, D.C. 20416

TALKING POINTS

As a concerned taxpayer, I insist that my tax dollars be used only to fund secular businesses. In creating emergency regulations pursuant to the CARES Act, or any other form of relief during this time of crisis, please include provisions guaranteeing that funds will not be given to churches or houses of worship, or for any purposes that will advance religion.

We live in a secular democracy, founded on principles of religious liberty that require a healthy separation between state and church. This means that government funds must not be used to advance religion, even during a national emergency. Please respect this provision and only fund secular businesses. Thank you.

@HippieChick58 I just sent mine in, thank you for the heads up.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF, let those money-grubbing, blood-sucking arse-hole churches survive on the monies they've bled from people for generations.
FFS, for example the Catolicker ( Catholic) Church IS the wealthiest Organisation in the entire world bar none, taxpayer funds SHOULD only be used to support the people and NOT Churches and Big Money Companies/Corporations.

Congress put it in the bill to pay salaries at nonprofits and churches are nonprofits. That's why they put it in the bill. I don't think the SBA has a choice regardless of what we say.

That's a bummer!

Churches are non profits ?. The pastors heading the megachurches have private planes and live in palatial mansions. That's where the profits go.

@Moravian But, of course, any cash left over is used to support good causes - such as the well being of the pastor's extended family.

More than horrible. Sue them!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:479365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.