Agnostic.com

67 20

Who avoids discussing religion and spirituality?

I don't debate or argue about higher powers or things like that anymore. I don't believe in any of it personally, I just avoid people who do as much as I can. Occasionally some dummy I'm stuck with at work will start talking about god and I just have to roll my eyes and start treating them like a child. It's not entirely avoidable unfortunately..

Anyone else here who's "apatheistic" at this point and just doesn't care?

Also hi.

JordanKay 4 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (51 - 67)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

almost every xtian that's tried to argue it with me since '08. my 96yr old grandmother gets a pass.

Hi.
I don’t avoid it. It’s my favorite thing to talk about.

skado Level 9 Apr 8, 2020

Hello and welcome.

In answer to your question. Most of us. There are a few members who need to vent, because they are still suffering, but most stay away from the subject and find life in the groups and none religious postings.

I’ve grown so tired of trying to rationally discuss with the irrational. I avoid religion, politics, and money as topics in general.

Zster Level 8 Apr 8, 2020

I keep away from those subjects in most public places.

I am rarely around god-botherers. And, i have learned, most that are vocal about their faith and lacking ability to engage in any type of rational conversation about it.

So, i just don't engage, though i am prepared to provide some comments should the need arise.

People who are religious avoid discussing religion for they themselves have no clue!

I agree with you because when it come to get the religious frequently get involved in circular thinking for instance the big bang or origins of the i=universe the moment you point out the universe came fromthe big bang they instantly want to know where the big bang came from and of course no one know that answer so then they think they have a pomy that something can not from nothing So when i point out okay so if something can't come from nothing we just dontknow what it was it was Now you ask them using the same point of something from nothing where there go came from they typical answer I get....oh was always there....GRRRR and they really can not seem to see thate it makes no sense of their answer Sorry but i will admit to being typing challemged 🙂

I discuss with people who have questions about it or who are not spiritual or religious.

I do not discuss with religilots or people who are convinced that spirits are real.

SCal Level 7 Apr 9, 2020

I'm moving in the never discus direction. because I am not very hardcore pro or anti god, I catch hell from both sides whenever I give my honest opinion.

Too too many have too many issues about how they interpret what god(s) or religion has in their pitiful lives!!!

They are more concern with this religious BS than what is really destroying their lives and culture!

They give up their rights to be safe even with the god(s) they pretend to hate and not worship!!!

LMAO continuously on this site!!!

Hello. I avoid pointless discussion with people who, for whatever reason, are unable or unwilling to change their mind. I don’t care to be argumentative. In the alternative, if someone invites discussion, I am happy to participate.

I still get riled up once in a while. If you saw the groups I belong to most would be seen to be non-religious.

I avoid it.

On that I would be "bad" and would confront the person with my ideas. If the person in the end would disagree but would respect, no problem at all. If the person still insists in converting me, there will be problems. Unfortunately, on this, most of the time, it will be fruitless, as both of us will still believe the same anyway.

not me. my only real social life was the adult daycare i went to with my alzheimer's-stricken guy, and we neither avoided talking about religion there or felt compelled to talk about it either. it is a jewish-affiliated facility (it is temporarily closed for obvious reason) attached to a residential facility (no visitors allowed now) so occasionally on a holiday we talk about the holiday, but half the clientele of the daycare and all of the staff are nonjews. so we tend to be pretty respectful and general (except for this one guy who seems not to know that he should be shouting about jesus on those rare occasions when he does -- but that's not his only or biggest problem lol). online i will scroll by religiosity or block it or gently steer the ranter back to the fact that s/he and his/her religion are not the only people/perspectives in the world, depending on circumstances and my mood. i pick my battles. i don't care what people believe but i do care when they make false assumptions, especially about me lol, and i care very much what gets legislated, executed, adjudicared or even bullied. so i am not apatheistic.

g

I'm always up for a philosophical discussion. More often than not, the god botherers turn it into an attempt on their part to proselytize.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:481751
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.