Agnostic.com

18 7

LINK Pat Robertson: God May Have Created the Earth in Six “Universal” Days | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This reminds me of growing up in the Mormon church and they taught that "god's time" and time on earth pass at different rates. I am pretty sure they developed that dogma after Einstein's theory of relativity.

snytiger6 9 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, maybe out of Joseph Smith's science fiction ass. He beat scientology by about 100 years.

Pat Robertson is what I call crazy!

Metoo!

Six "galactic" days. Sadly I'm not surprised to see people rightly reacting to such lunacy.

Idiots will be idiots.

@BirdMan1 Sadly, they don't know they are idiots.

The Mormons also got revelations that black people went to heaven, right after Jimmy Carter's administration threatened the Mormon's tax exemption.

god operates in mysterious ways, you know. Joe 'Horse shit" Smith is still working the tablets?

God of the gaps!

SCal Level 7 Apr 17, 2020

Lol someone needs to tell Pat that universal days aint in the bible! Days is days. Wow can't believe old patty boy is losing his faith enough to start defining new units of time.

He's not losing his faith, he's making it up as he goes along.

BS!

The Jehovah's Witnesses have the same ideas about time for humans and time for their Jehovah. I believe that they had to develop this as an excuse for why their Armageddon keeps failing to happen (1900, 1914, 193? and 196?), can't recall all of the dates but they have stopped trying to call the exact day anymore, too hard on the membership. People get all hyped about the coming death and destruction, then it fails to happen and they lose their faith in their holy moley.

You know something is a lie when you have to keep going back in to plug the holes in the story so you can try to keep it from collapsing under the weight of its own crapola.

So if it becomes obvious your are spouting bullshit, just change the definition. Yeah, works for me.

He says, "may," have. Not even God's man, Pat, is sure. God needs to publish an updated version of his book. Maybe he should include a glossary.

MrDMC Level 7 Apr 15, 2020

Psst. It's called the "Pastafarium", and it is sold at all good pizzarias.

Pat Robertson has less intellect than an inebriated paramecium.

But god has a different timeline for things. Look how long it took for him to give us DNA.

To bad a go fund me site to pay for a hit man (or woman) is illegal.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 15, 2020

How does he reconcile the two seperate and contradictory creation stories in Genisis?

BDair Level 8 Apr 15, 2020

For centuries now science--which is to say, our understanding of the universe--has had this effect on religion: it forces all but the ultra-orthodox, anti-science, scriptural-literalist fundies to reinterpret their holy books, and arrive at new conclusions, or so-called 'truths,' based on allegory, metaphor and personifications. Little by little, science has tugged at the thread of religion, and little by little the cloak of ignorance has unraveled until all that remains is an exposed body of lies, fables and atrocities. Religion must continuously reinvent itself in order to remain marketable, or it dies.

That's some galactic bullshit!

They're resorting to using equivocation to avoid resolving cognitive dissonance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485088
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.