Agnostic.com

41 1

Is this all there is? I don’t mean philosophically. I mean, the confines of agnostic.com. No one can empirically answer the first question. I’m trying to grasp the nuances of participating here.

Opinionated1 4 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What you get out of this site tends to be proportional to what you invest in it.

Deb57 Level 8 May 7, 2020

You determine the nuances by posting here. Go boldly forward with your opinions and observations.

The quality, utility, and experience depend on us. It is what we make of it. I enjoy this site a lot. But you obviously are not required to like it.
Nice rose bush, btw.

Thank you. I was feeling a bit boxed in by level 2. I can participate more in different ways now.

@Opinionated1 I don't even remember level two. Lol

depends on what you are looking for its sure not a dating site but im sure you could make a friend and get a date it shares science and politics

Wow, I would like to offer some response for exchanges on this site apparently not meeting your opinionated standards. Really, that is not what this is, neither is it primarily a dating site. I think you may pick up some nuances from the many responses.

All this makes me think of Carlos Castanieda searching for his "spot". Don Juan playing "guru" to Carlos' naive young truth-searcher. Very amusing, if not for Carlos!

Was trying to get out of level 2 and be as enlightened as you. Thanks. To paraphrase ‘Weezy’, “I’m movin’ on uppppp!”

@Opinionated1 Hey, congrats! 😏
Honestly, time on this site can be frivolous, killing time, very occasionally frustrating. But mostly for me it is pleasant: Sometimes thought-provoking, sometime not, sometimes just silly banter, but that's ok, too. Life doesn't need to be serious all the time. Absurdity "needs" to be laughed at.

Well yes I have noticed that hardly anyone talks here.. and no one seems interested in meeting anyone..

Aw, that's sad, but have you ever actually asked to meet anyone from thissite, I mean REALLY asked?

@Triphid .. Ha ha... sorry I didn't see this till today.. YES I have asked 2 people that leave nearby.. have had some conversations and talk about meeting.. I find You guys are too picky.. lol.

@LisaBostlund That's sad, maybe you should try a few of us Aussie blokes instead when the Covid thing is over, most Aussies around our age group are pretty laid-back types it kind of goes with the territory.

@Triphid. Talk about long distance dating..

Sir, you are ALIVE, living, breathing, etc, etc, so what more could you wish for?
I'd say, if were at all possible, there'd be many a dead person who would only too glad to be alive again.
If you are referring to this site/group then you WILL get out of it what YOU put into and much, much besides, all it takes is a little more from yourself.

What are you seeking? And why do you surmise this is not it?

You might like the music videos.

There's always the the mental masturbation group as well! 😁

Or the photographs, as long as they are sideways.

@fishline79 the poster is horizontally floating or living on a sideways world!

I really wouldn't want more, i have to deal with my ignorance before anyone else's. Conversing with like minded seems enough for me to be here. I don't particularly like groups but am a member of a few. Those few are related to anti religious or science based groups. I do so for i find more people in them that understand equality better.

Nuance is not necessary. I say what I mean and mean what I say -- I don't think that makes me a mean person 😮 😛

On the 4th Thursday of the month some of us sneak into churches and duct tape mannequins to crosses, usually female wearing Frederics of Hollywood undies, although sometimes we use Male mannequins too.

“The power of sex compels you!”

Also, t-shirt. All sizes. But you'll need some better ideas to get level 8.

Some people never make it to level 8

Already working on it. 😉

Thank goodness (not god) it exists! Suggestions?

When I first came on the site over a year and one-'half ago, there was a much freer exchange of thoughts and opinions on all sorts of topics, much of it very productive and meaningful to me. Today, with all of the groups, the dialogue on the general forum is much more limited and, much of it with substantially less substance.

I still enjoy the comraderie with more than a few people, and find what substance that remains productive.

Well, there is a strong preference for questions with no answers over answers who can not be questioned. So there's that.

Plus, there is the distinct possibility the hokey pokey really is what it is all about.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:491757
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.