Agnostic.com

35 16

Do you seek out novel experiences or do you stick to known comforts?

I love to try new things. I've always got something new going on. I do wish I was more the type who just focuses in on one thing. I'm all over the place. lol.

Though, I've had such bad experiences with different restaurants, that I tend to stick to what I know when it comes to eating. I've got a handful that I really like and cycle through.

silvereyes 8 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd be seeking out more new experiences if I could afford it.

New restaurants are our passion. We were in the arts but it's hard to appreciate some times. I like meeting people and spending the weekend learning from them. They're called AA retreats. Sometimes an NA retreat. They're cheap and informative and fun.

I detest going to a new restaurant and don't know what to order. Doing Meetup.com I met people and discovered bad restaurants. If I'm spending money eating out food has to be fantastic.

Bit of both to be honest!! 🙂 Not an easy balance to find always.

As a poll - I pick "both." It depends, as you said. I stick to the same restaurants, but I like trying new things - skydiving is next on the bucket list. Known comforts AND new stuff - yes please! 🙂

I tend to stick to known experiences when I am alone, but if I am with someoen else, I am usually game to try new and novel experiences.

Definitely a novelty seeker. Always have been.

Novel experiences are what makes life worth living. Variety. Wierdness. Eclectic. Maybe it's the artist in me, I don't know. Its just fun to go exploring in this world.
That said...restaurant wise, I'm very conservative with my proteins...but will be adventurous with other foods. I love going to new places and experiencing the ambiance unique to each.

I mostly stick to known comforts, but sometimes I will choose new things. When I choose new things though, I like to go by others reviews first. If I randomly choose something like a new restuarant then the chance of me being disappointed is probably going to be high, whereas if a lot of other people like it then I have a higher chance of liking it most likely.

I will do different things, but I don't much anymore....the things I do are so time consuming, that doing new things is difficult to weasel in.

I like new stuff. But when i find something i really like...comfort❣?

Emme Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

try everything at least once

I love the comfort of things I know and like but am constantly seeking new experiences and ideas. I've worked in 36 countries and found something good in every one of them.

I'm a little of both depending on my mood.
Mostly I'll stick with what I know but sometimes if something new presents itself I might try it.

If you want me to try a Ghost Pepper or something like that I'm not going to do it.

a little of both. I tend to be reserved and stick to what I'm comfortable with. But I also have an adventerous side as well, and like trying new things.

I'm always up for new experiences within reason of my character. I enjoy trying new food even if sometimes it doesn't agree with me.

I like my comfort zone and I don't thrive on novelty. I sometimes force myself to do new things because I know there's a benefit to emotional health in having fresh experiences, but my instinct is to stick to what I know. I'm pretty introverted, besides, so too much novelty (especially when it involves social interaction) can be terribly exhausting.

All of that pretty much holds for me, too, especially when it comes to social interaction. I will occasionally try a different food or shop at a different store, but for the most part, I stick to what I like and what I'm familiar with. I like predictability and routine.

I tend to seek out novel experiences

Depends on my mood. Some days I feel more adventurous than others.

Monad Level 4 Apr 3, 2018

When I go to the city, I always try to do something or see something new, that I have never seen before.

Definitely a novelty/adventure seeker! Always have been!! How do you know unless you try???

I guess I do both. I have lots of good old standbys, but like to try new things. I often go down roads that I have never been on, and often, I get lost. I have found some great views, great restaurants, great little shops, great places to explore and hike. I like to load up the car and take off down the road for a week or two. I also like to go where I know the food is good, to shops where I never fail to find something I love, or just stay home with my family and critters.

At my age l can't think of many things l want to do that l haven't. A life in music is always full of uncertainty, so now l really enjoy a certain amount of comfort zone. I wouldn't walk away from new experiences, but it would have to be something intriguing.

Definitely gotta go with the novel experiences. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.