Agnostic.com

68 12

What's a phrase you vehemently despise?

Mine's the phrase "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
I'm not a cow, sex is not a commodity, and if I marry someone--I don't owe them sex (or vice versa for that matter).

Mea 7 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I don't read" or "I'll wait until the movie comes out"

Gohan Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

"Feminism is a cancer" "I'm not racist but...." "I'm a nationalist"

Anything said just to piss the other person off especially out of the blue. God bless you to an atheist or invisible friend to a Christian. On the other hand sometimes tit for tat gets fun seeing who it more creative.

gearl Level 8 Apr 3, 2018

That's not six inches ....

"It was just meant to be." Right after something terrible happens.

Go f*ck yourself.

watsup buddy

I furiously oppose the terrible adverb: vehemently.

Lol!

Open up your wallet.

I have a host of verbal annoyances He's an Asshole. Dude. I love you. Call Me. Don't Preach to Me. I don't want to discuss this. She has a nice Ass. Wow, Far Out. It was so Groovy. Let me be perfectly clear. You never told me you didn't like that. I'm sorry. I'll let these resound for others to chime in and I will add a few more as my mind activates.

There are sayings that make my eyes roll, but I can't say I vehemently despise them... What does irk me is anything coming out of a politician's mouth...

Like' being used throughout a conversation without apparent knowledge as to the correct use of the word. The other week I was on a bus hading North out of Aberdeen, when a large group of American female students joined the journey. All was well and good for about three seconds when the continula use oflike' was inserted into their conversations used as a verbal comma'. It was all I could do not to enter their banter, enquiring as to the exact similarity betweenhe & her' (he's like and she's like) or else the enjoyment when they like something.

Liberty Mutual

gater Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

Using the word "hater" to shut someone's opinion down, or if they point out a fact. You can't use the word hater just because someone has a difference of opinion or criticism. There is a time that this word is justified, but people use it in the wrong context a lot.

"I identify as an attack helocopter."

@Stacey48 It's a weak and overused attempt at invalidating trans people.

That dog won’t hunt.

'Wake up sheeple.'. UGH. First of all, why is it my responsibility to wake them up? Second, the smugness is fucking palpable.

"God works in mysterious ways"

Whatever the latest idiocy to come out of Spanky's mouth or his twitter feed.

I try not to. Whenever I feel my eyes starting to roll I take a moment to practice kindness and putting myself in that person's shoes. I didn't always.

I wouldn't want anyone else's regard for or treatment of me to change on account of their attitude about some dumb verbal meme I said that rubbed them the wrong way. So I try not to do that to anyone else.

That doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone, or look down on others for doing things differently. We're all in different places and it's all good with me as long as you're not being intentionally cruel.

Prayers and thoughts

"God will teach you."

“It is what it is.” It’s saying nothing with a sound.

Marz Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

It's a word, not a phrase that I despise. When men loudly and repeatedly say "f-ck" in public. This is crass and offensive. I wince, particularly with children and older women nearby.

Asking a strange man to stop loudly saying "f-ck" usually results in an angry verbal attack. ("You f-cking bitch!" Don't tell ME what to do!" ) Only one young man apologised.

My father often used the phrase "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" I hated it then and I hate now.

Mom's phrase was "It takes two to tango," when cautioning me about premarital sex, in fact she drove me to this run down tenement in a nearby town one day and told me that is where I would wind up if I got a girl pregnant.

I was 20 when I finally lost my virginity, but it wasn't from lack of trying... summer of '65.

I did observe a ham radio friend of mine who really struggled because he found himself in a family way in a day when marriage was the only honorable thing to do. Yes, they struggled, but also got a college edulation, got to grow up with their kids, and are still happily married 55 years later! Maybe that's the exception...

Anything out of a Penguins fan's mouth.

Go Pens! 😉

Go Predators!

There. I corrected it for you. Lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.