Agnostic.com

35 5

What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without food?

The longest I’ve gone was when I was flushing out my system and teaching myself control and discipline with an amount of 20 days with just drinking water.

EmeraldJewel 7 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The longest was six days. That was a long time ago.
The most recent was three days, back in November, while I was in the hospital.
I now have a renewed appreciation for jell-o. It was the first thing I was allowed to
eat after the food-ban was lifted.

After my bariatric surgery, several days because of the surgical trauma and inflammation.

20 days going without food is dangerous. And highly inadvisable.

less than a day

4 days in service but I made up for it now planning to go on a month fast to loose 1 lb.

i think 3 days....i go one day regularly.. then one week i only ate a slice of bread a day when i tried to lose weight. i lost 30lb in a month.

Two or three days.

Ten days.

i tend 2 be hypoglycemic, so im supposed 2 eat at least 4 small meals a day, but if i have been eating healthy up until that point i can go for about 3 or 4 days before i start getting headaches, dizziness, upset stomach, blurred vision, and eventually i pass out. from what i understand if i let it go much further than that i will go in2 a coma, but thats just what a dr a long time ago said. i never really looked in2 it 2 see how true it was. but either way, not anywhere near as long as you! holly crapolla my dear! you're amazing!

Byrd Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

How many days until you didn't miss it? How much weight did you lose?

On a fast, I lose my appetite after about two days, and that's the problem..getting back on food after an extended fast. It takes just as long to get off a fast as the fast itself took. You start with juice, get to solid fruit, then gradually add raw foods, then eventually cooked food, but if you try to rush things you can get very sick.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.