Agnostic.com

12 4

Are there still people out there looking to prove theres no god?

When I first started this forum, all kinds of questions would come up about proving theres no god. I've noticed that it's not a main topic anymore. Have we graduated to a higher level of exceptance? Popular talks have sex in them. There's also questions of female and male equality. How you should respect the opposite sex or the partner you chosen to be with. I'm excited that guns are not the main topic anymore. I like what I'm hearing now. Questions pertaining to everyday life and loving one another is pretty cool to me...

BucketlistBob 8 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I honestly find the topic of religion to be quite boring, and as we say in these parts, "I ain't got time to fool with it." ?

I was not here then, but if we were merely trying to prove in no god, it would not work. We already know this and now we discuss life as intended, no god in it. Just you and nature. Go for it

EMC2 Level 8 Apr 5, 2018

Well, it seems to me that at some point it's kind of silly to reiterate your unbelief to other unbelievers. I'm not there yet. But this is my first day here.

I can prove the absence of god scientifically and logically.

Very interesting subject and controvesial. I was obssesed by christianity since my childhood, religion became my daily food. At my adult life I decided to create a facebook for christians, they was so much hatred among the members. I spent around £40k running that social site. At the end I questioned everything about God. All I found out was that the bible is a collection of stolen books from Egpyt and customized to suit the victors. The old testement comes from Sumarian text. new testament is all about zodiac and it was stolen and chganged to fit jesus christ, original it was Osiris. The Osiris was an ancient myth. I have spent nearly 6 years trying to prove myself wrong. But I was right as my research wne t deeper in the rabit hole, I foundout that Rome tend to add new books to add a group of people to religion.
1 They stole fake jewish books, then they added desciples books later, then added Paul letters for thos who are not jewish. After that they added new testament for Indians in Sout Africa. These Indians rejected the idea of sin and jesus death, The missionaries went back to report to Rome. After a couple of years a new testament was written: " It says Indians killed jesus christ, therefore Indians needs to repent as they have sinned. South African Indian accpeted that and became christians. Their new testament was filtered to remove names such as the roman soldier who and rest who killed jesus and added Indian names to the book. Oh again they added Mohamed after Jesus to include Arabs but removed Jesus complete only left references to him.

There you have it. No need to prove God does not exist but that the whole thing is a system created to controll humanity.

Back to God if he exist. According the religious records, there are many gods. The church hides that to the majority to keep them docile.

According to ancient text where the bible was extracted, other humans came from another planet. They basical came for gold and brought their army with them to dig gold. After a couple of thousands of years digging the earth they started complaining about the work given to them. The Elohim/gods decided to manipulate the existing species on this earth. It took them over 6000 to get humans to look like them. Holla they put us to work the ground, basically continue digging for gold until today. The only difference is that today we getting paid on fiat currency but the bloodlines of the gods are stiill here collecting all the gold and sending it back home/planet.

Heaven is just another planet.

We look like the gods that is why its difficult to see them. They are human like us. period.

The church hide all that information to make us comfortable and be happy for gods who enslaved us.

The whole system of religion is the reason the world is in chaos.

Also the gods fight alone for the control of humanity because they come from the same family.

As am typing this comment. I have loads of documents of the creation of Islam, Christianity and juduism.

I have documents showing that the gods utilised space craft to pick up team leaders to move them around. The prophesies are the most big lie as I have the early translation of the bible that was never sold to the public because it has all the information to enable individuals to run away from religion.

Am a software engineer by trade

I shut down my religious social sites and am left with a reviews website.

There is more evidence that god does not exist more than his existence. look around you without opening any book.

sorry for the long comment

www.yorev.com

Good job explaining... appreciate the time you took to get this message out.

Since it's impossible to prove a negative, as evidenced by belief in Sasquatch, sea monsters, and gods, I hate to see people waste time in the effort. I wasn't here then; so I'm glad the topics changed.

JimG Level 8 Apr 4, 2018

Actually it's easy. Examine cancer diagnosis and remission rates for people of all religions including atheists and agnostics. One will see no difference in any group.

@cvccosplay I wouldn't say that rules out the possibility of intelligent design. The fact that God doesn't respond to prayer isn't proof that he doesn't exist.

Would a god stop at creating one universe? Or would they create many, perhaps trying to improve on their design each time around? It's quite possible that we're on a shelf with a whole bunch of other universes, all failed experiments or art projects, which their creator no longer takes any interest in. "Oh bugger! I seem to have invented the parasitic wasp. Better start again."

Far fetched? Absolutely. But one possible explanation of why the creator doesn't answer anybody's prayers.

@NicoleCadmium lol. According to math logic proofs, you only need to disprove part of a theory to dismiss the entire theory. Believers who tout their one true god short circuit when I tell them this bit of information. It's not about the ineffectiveness of prayer; it's about equal ineffectiveness of all faiths.

@cvccosplay I accept that as proof enough for me, but isn't this were the "mysterious ways" or "god is not to be tested" defenses over power the logic (what there is of it) of the faithful?

@cvccosplay It short-circuits them? I find that surprising. Theists are usually very good at providing excuses as to why their god doesn't intervene with the great injustices in the world. "God is testing your faith." "God won't give you any more burden than he knows you can handle" and crap like that.

So the Great Flood story is obviously nonsense. This means you can dismiss every single word of the Bible? I don't think that's reasonable. It does reveal the book to be a collection of stories, but by different authors at different time. There may still be some truth in some of them, when others are obvious fiction.

@NicoleCadmium it short-circuits the slow, idiotic ones, which is most of them, yes. My parents in particular are very stupid and gullible.

Who is trying to prove it and find evidence? Hopefully they publicize their findings - lol.

You can't disprove a negative, no matter how much "evidence" a person may have that "God" does NOT exist. Prove that Unicorns don't exist on some remote, yet-undiscovered isle. You can't. No one can.

I am an Athiest, of that I am sure, but technically, you can't disprove "God", which is why we're still here, thousands of years later, trying to carve out a place in society for US - The non-believers..

It's not my business or profession to try and "disprove God", and it's a fool's errand. I just don't believe in bullshit when I hear it..

I wish I could love this comment, but I guess this isn't Facebook. I get so tired of having to explain this exact same thing. I now simply ignore people who claim they can "disprove God." Logical fallacies make me tear my hair out.

I think it is up tot he believers to prove god's existance. It isn't u to nonbelievers to prove there is no god.

The burden of proof. As good old Mr Hitchens put it 'That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence'

@ipdg77 I like that. I hope I remember it for my hown future use.

Yes Thank goodness Many of our scientists keep stating that there is no god and the results are a war against science and scientists.The evangleists are hiping up their propaganda on facebook you tube and anything else they can do. I just saw a local baptist church bus with a sign stating sins forgiven gays made straight just come to us for help.

I saw this on a bus too..

I honestly try to look for proof that there is a spiritual entity watching over us and hopefully guiding us through life. So far, I have no solid proof. Not even coincidental I can share.

However, I can kind of prove that there are people watching people. I mean, I think most of us can prove that... but just saying.

Always an improvement. I came here to get away from religious talk, but many seemed obsessed with it, discussing it often. If something isn't real, I don't get why one would enjoy discussing it. Other subjects are more interesting.

noted - thank you !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49821
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.