Agnostic.com

22 10

Drumpf's religious hypocrisy [theroot.com]

MizJ 8 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump's religious hypocrisy can be verified with 5 mins of research into his personal history which is 5 mins more than the Xians are willing to put into it.

They heard the hate and xenophobia and joined the cult.

@MizJ and a cult it is.

Hitler never attended church after leaving home at 18. In his book Mein Kampf and in public speeches prior to and in the early years of his rule, Hitler claimed himself a Christian. Trump is just following in the steps of his hero.

TO_BY Level 7 May 24, 2020

I read somewhere that Hitler had a good relationship with the Catholic Church. Not surprising since both were mass murderers

@abyers1970
The Catholic Church and the Red Cross helped many members of Nazi military to hide and resettle in Latin America!,,

@of-the-mountain Wonder how many little children were supplied to the priests for doing this

That's the thing. 45 has the believers completely fooled into believing he's one of them.
He never has been. He has nothing but disdain for them.
He's actually even said it out loud. It's even in print.
They don't care though. They're happy to keep drinking the kool-aid.
They don't even realize that they're drowning in it.

The first paragraph sums up Trump pretty well: "President Trump is a broken fire hose of lies. He’s a broken slot machine of lies. He’s a lie conveyor belt."

Trump is a conveyor belt of falsehoods. Lying means you know what the truth is and say something different. Trump is so completely ignorant of history, science, moral principles, humanity, etc that whatever little idea pops into his head he TRULY believes is 100% factually correct, even though he just made it up. It's being delusional, and is common with narcissists. Trump is so far into psychotic narcissism that he doesn't even perceive the world accurately - it's all filtered through a "good for me" or "bad for me" lens. Everything is distorted, then acted upon.

If Trump says he does something, he does not. If Trump says he did not do something, He did.

Truth

He's just hoping for the religious nut case votes.

He panders to them, thus Pence.

I believe the pastor on this one. Trump has said before that he never did anything to ask forgiveness for and those around him today claim he is "the Chosen One." We all know that Trump just eats this up. As for bible study being big in public schools a religious friend of mine said way back there somewhere they used the bible for their Weekly Readers. I'm sure he meant in the late 1700's or even the 1800's. The Weekly Reader program is only about 110 years old. What Trump is lying about this time is that he and DeVos would love to see the end of public education as we know it.

Trump would be nowhere without the support of gullible evangelicals. So he is ordering the reopening of church services. So it kills a few people.

MrDMC Level 7 May 24, 2020

The problem is that for a period of about 2 weeks while they are asymptomatic they are spreading it in their communities.

But hey, according to Humpty Dumpty Trumpty that IS a Badge of Honour, dying from Covid, I mean, isn't it?

Not really 'new news imo, as the Aussie saying goes, " Trump couldn't even lie straight in bed."

Is it hypocrisy, or is it a case of "worshipers" granting him attributes he obviously does not, and never did, have? Trump didn't become a movement (ahem) because he made decisions and carried out a plan. He became what he is today, because ineffectual people gave him their dream attributes. All he had to do was nod, smile, and hump the flag every once in a while. It gave these people a sense of power. He is their Frankenstein. They created him just like they created their God (and I'm not really sure who's more important, at this point). Reality never has been, or ever will be, a priority for these people. It is exactly the opposite.

It is only the religious nutters who think he does and did.

I guess hypocrisy is always latent in those circles.

IMHO the actual basis for Christian faith, certainly the fundamentals, is racism and bigotry. Trump embodies those beliefs perfectly. No hypocrisy at all.

Growing up I felt very confused living in a Southern Baptist family. The Bible said to love and forgive yet my family regularly would say very bad things about people who were not white. I can recall one time my Grandpa saying derogatory things about a black man he didn’t even know. As a kid, I could understand not liking someone if they did something bad to you but it made no sense to me not liking someone you hadn’t even met.

@Athena I agree. I call it a spiritual country club. I actually got mad one time when the preacher referred to “lost” people going to hell as “crispy critters”. That’s about as pathetic as it gets

My experience is that most Christian faiths are supportive of different races & nationalities, and most are decent caring people. Many even now support the whole LGBTQ alphabet. Like the churches (and synagogues) along the southern border that took in immigrants and provided them with refuge including meals & a place to sleep in direct defiance of Trump's request to give them up to ICE and Border Control. It is the EVANGELICALS who are in bed with Trump and are morally bankrupt. My understanding is that way back they were a "normal" Christian belief but during & soon after the Civil war they got mixed up with / interbred with the original white nationals like the KKK. As those "good old boys" lost power in politics they migrated to the church to regain control and power. The metamorphosis created the "white only, male dominating, tolerance is weakness" group we see today. They follow the Bible and teachings of Jesus to the same extent as the Taliban & Al Qaeda follow Mohammed and the Koran - ZERO. Fundamentalism in any form is very dangerous. Regardless of your own belief or lack thereof, don't paint all Christians to be the monsters found in the evangelical churches.

"When hunting monsters, be sure you don't become one."

This could be his one policy I can get behind.......

There is very little about the man that isn't hypocritical

The best part of that was the quote "Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises, for never intending to go beyond promise, it costs nothing,’” Describes tRump perfectly

Donald will do "whatever works" simple as it sounds.

Benz Level 4 May 26, 2020

Shows you why we all know and believe there can be no God

If there is, how is it possible to allow such heinous behaviour to exit

Maybe Trump should stop the lies about his religious beliefs and join Agnostic.com.

Having just joined I would quit just as fast

You can bet I posted that article on Facebook.

BTW, If you want to post a link, after clicking on the "Post" tab, on the post paste look in the lower right corner for a "Link" button. It will bring up a page to post links.

Thanks

C'mon, Trump probably can't even spell "God." He postures, and the evangelicals suck it up!

That pic is just so creepy! A man kneeling between the knees of another man with his hand on his shoulder, and the guy’s eyes shut. What happens next? That’s OK for two consenting adults in private, but not so much for a WH PR shot!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499138
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.