Agnostic.com

13 16

LINK Texas Anti-Abortion Group Sued for Defamation for Calling Opponents “Criminals” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The providers of abortion services do nothing that is not legal.

It is actually riskier to the life of the woman to carry a pregnancy full term, than it is to get an abortion. The risk may be slight, but nobody else should be able to decide for the woman whether or not to take on that added risk to her life, other than the woman herself.

snytiger6 9 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

About time someone stuck it to those arseholes for their crap. Maybe this will lead to more lawsuits for antichoice groups.

Seems more and more the conservatives are conflating free speech with free lies. Let them make that argument in the courts.
There is another group called Safe Abortion Action Fund [saafund.org] I am a member of the Northwest Abortion Access Fund. I even got a T-shirt that reads "Everyone loves someone that has had an abortion." My late partner had 2.

The burden of this always disproportionately falls on poorer people, as the more affluent can access abortion services whether legal or not.

This is sadly so true 😟

@Karasu_Murasaki I cheer myself a bit by remembering that women and men have been organizing in different ways and different places around the world to challenge the old paradigms. For individuals and peoples both, wealth is not the only road to empowerment, thankfully ... 🙂

You know i agree with this...

Good!I'm glad Hemant mentioned this! I'm so sick and tired of religious men and women telling us women what we can and can't do with our bodies :/ and the sad thing is I also encountered a gay ex theist who's now fully an atheist and even he goes around spewing this crap about anti abortion and up until when the woman should be allowed to abort -_- you'd think someone who's seen how toxic religion can be after being indoctrinated by it and having their sexual orientation discriminated against, WOULD have understood that what we do with our foetuses isn't anybody's damn business 😡😑 sorry if I sound pissed. It's because I am. I've had enough with people taking away the hard fought for bodily autonomy from women piece by piece like we are owned by anybody and they don't even understand the science of reproduction and how it works and that we choose to keep the foetus or not and for a lot of us it's as unwelcome as an intruder or unwanted guest in our own home.

As I once heard and read, " Keep your Rosaries away from a womans Ovaries."
And, imo, so should it be.

And if men had babies, abortion would be a sacrament.

@JackPedigo Blood Oath Narelle, after what I've seen women go through in Childbirth as a Mid-wife there'd never have been a human race if that wre the case.

@Triphid It may seem strange but one of my favorite PBS series is "Call the Midwife." They say material may not be suitable for all and that means people like me who can't stand to watch the live births. The religious parts are also a bit much but still, the series is very well done and modeled after a series of volume written by a real British midwife. I really love all the scenes from post war London.

@JackPedigo Yep, I watch ot too, brings back memories of my times as a Mid-wife.
The religion bits get up my nose though.
At least we didn't have bloody Nuns hanging around like vultures when I was delivering babies thankfully.

I fully agree. These people think they are religious and forget that in the bible the child is not a person until it draws its first breath. Apologists turn that all around. So many think even today that Onan's "sin" was in whacking off.

Anybody who claims that there is such a thing as an unborn child is merely flaunting their own cognitive disability.

You little Beauty, Sue them BIG, Hit them hard and heavy, take them for every single cent they have and then more besides.

Such vile dipshits are not over-endowed with brains.

I would anticipate that the defendants will claim that in (their) God's eyes abortion is murder, and murder, even if allowed by the State, is a crime against (their) God. Leveraging the First Amendment, they will further argue that invoking (their) God's law, which (to them) is a higher authority than the State, and is not only their fundamental right, but their duty (to their God). But let's see how this case unfolds.

Good sue them into oblivion

bobwjr Level 10 June 14, 2020

I have been wondering how come so many of these anti abortion people are men, not that there aren't women too, but it seems like it comes from mainly men.

Indeed. In my opinion, men should have no say or any agency in the argument over a woman's right to choose. Perhaps men might understand this concept better if they could envision a day when women were the dominant voice in politics and debating State imposed castration or vasectomies.

Hope they lose and have to pay through the nose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506005
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.