Agnostic.com

30 6

A Question of Morality -- Looking for Opinions

-- Should saving a puppy mill dog just be written off as a flat NO since it supports an immoral industry and the dogs simply be considered forfeit, the collateral damage of a heartless business model?

Or

-- Should those dogs have a chance at adoption to be spared from a needless death at the dawn of their lives even though it supports an immoral industry by doing something compassionate for the animals?

On one hand is an evil industry that treats these beautiful creatures like expired cheese, destroying them if they don't sell by their expiration date, on the other, are the scumbags that prosper on your compassion for the animals.

So what consideration is more important -- giving these dogs a shot at a loving home or not giving this cruel industry a dime despite the animals welfare?

Sgt_Spanky 8 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do as you like.... You only live Once.... just like the Puppy Dog.

Don't worry about being responsible.

@PondartIncbendog Responsibility is Relative just like Morality.

@GipsyOfNewSpain No it isn't.

@PondartIncbendog I noticed like many dogs You are a slow learner... I will ask you again in.... 50 years?

Although it's a for-profit business, I don't see it as immoral. Through no fault of their own, animals end up in shelters like this. It's a better choice than being on the street and being hit by a car, or poisoned by you're mean neighbor because he hates stray dogs. Given the choice, and a few extra months to live, I will always choose life, because death comes too easily anyway. Life for the animal, and life for myself when I'm ill.

Easy call. Save the pooch!

around here you either rescue a dog from the pound or you're a monster. there IS a third option .... puppies from people whose beloved pet just had puppies. everyone whose dog breeds is not a puppy mill like some apparently think.

You understand puppy mills are a thing, right?

@Sgt_Spanky yes. I do. and I don't support them. But I also don't tell people how immoral and corrupt they are if they don't go to the pound to get a pet.

If you are a responsible owner and get your animal spayed then it will not have a litter that needs to be found a home. No it is not a puppy mill but a lot of shelter animals come from people who could not find homes for the litter their pet had.

The life of the animal is more important.

It'd be great to save them all but that's not possible so as much as I feel for the mill dogs, and I really do, it's probably better to starve the mills of money.

@Sgt_Spanky I’m not going to kill anything unnecessarily.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.