Agnostic.com

17 10

LINK Preacher Praises Jesus (Again) for Fixing His Backed-Up Toilet | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Was it perhaps the Hispanic pronunciation of "Jesus"? I doubt his toilet was unclogged by a divine power.

snytiger6 9 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like where he says "but then I came to my senses" right before he starts chanting at the demon in his commode.

The Plumbers Union is going to be pissed! Jesus didn't renew his membership dues.

an unlicensed plumber

Well the consumption of religion usually leads to people being full of shit so real surprise here.🧐

On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.

fwiw it is religion that is the most roundly condemned in the Bible; which might be perceived as a record of the failure of a Theocracy even?

I might need to go to the hospital for face palming myself this much!!! OMG, seriously?! UGGGHHHHH.

No surprise here. The Jesus business has always been a profitable industry.

Maybe he meant Hey-soos? He was my plumber for a while to🤣

Sounds like a possible case of Munchausen syndrome by proxy, in which Jesus would have created the problem for the express purpose of being called upon to fix the problem in the hope of being praised.

I thought jeezus was a carpenter. Now he does plumbing too? What are his rates?

Nope, he's still a Journeyman Carpenter/Handyman BUT he sub-contracts plumbing jobs out the Mario Brothers....LOL.

I knew a guy in my Social club, seemed perfectly normal & intelligent, then told me a story, totally sincere, about how one of his fellow parishioners made it to a church service in a car with no battery (stolen) because "Jeebus wanted the family there". Oooookkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyy. The car wouldn't start after the service so they all ASSumed the battery had been missing Before they left the house.....

Yeah, my first thought before i even reached the end was that the battery was stolen while they were at church. If you think aobu tit, form the perspective of a thief, it is ideal as you know just how long the service will last (how much time they have to steal it).

@snytiger6 when I suggested that, he went into a Major huff!

I fix mine with a large black plastic plunger.

That's probably what Jesus did too. I mean at first he tried to reach in to unclog it a but his hand kept floating on the surface.

Did Jesus also turn the toilet water into toilet wine?

Perhaps he should rage at Jesus for allowing his toilet to get blocked in the first place

Or Chipotle lol

I have tried to point out "why did God allow that to happen in the first place?" and the explanation I hear most is that the devil is doing it. I then ask, why is god allowing the devil to do it in the first place? To test us is the answer, to see if our faith in the lord is strong. I then ask, "So the baby has cancer and it has to suffer because god sat back and let the devil give cancer to the baby but now you are praying so god will take the cancer away? Basically, they say yes and god will hear their prayers. I want to, but I don't, that god seems like a impudent kind of god who throws out bad things on a whim and then sits back tallying up how many prayers were sent. No scorecard goal for the prayers to reach, just keep praying. Oh well.

Numbscull talking to numbsculls.

I worked with a Juan DeJesus, he worked in maintenance, I'm sure he fixed more than one.

Strikes me as kind of 'odd' that they spell it 'Jesus' but say it as being kind of like "Hey Zeus" instead.

@Triphid Maybe the lightning bolt thing scared them.

@LimitedLight Kind od being a wee bit pedantic here aren't we?
After all, I was just having a bit of fun.

@Triphid I believe the spanish language is missing the "J" sound, which is why they pronounce "j" as "H"

@snytiger6 Yep, I already knew that and just as in German, for example, the 'v' is pronounced with the sounds of an 'f', 'w' is pronounced as a 'v' sound, in Latin 'j' is written as an 'I' hence the 'I.N.R.I' inscription the Xrstians have on their favourite necklaces and means Iesus Nazarem Rex Iudea.
The nuances of languages are as many as the grains of sand on a beach, in English, for another example we use 'silent' letters in words such a the 'p' in pseudo, pneumatic, etc, etc, the 'w' in write, wreck, wrought, etc, etc.

Just watched his ridiculous dribbling of verbal shit, is it any wonder his toilet gets backed-up with all the shit it has to handle from him day after day.

Hey, you repulsive buffoon...what kind of a god would fix your toilet, but couldn't stop the Holocaust?

One that was a full of shit as the toilet.

Jesus sez You are welcome my friend!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509063
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.