Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Mexico launches raids after assassination attempt of police chief - BBC News

"The attack is believed to be linked to the Jalisco New Generation Cartel."

Damn, that's bold as hell.

Amzungu 8 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Poor mexico. "So close to the USA. So far from god"

Mexico has been struggling to legalize cannabis. A judge has mandated that the legislature develop legal code to support it. It was supposed to happen last November, then April 1, and now December 15.

Legalization in the US has cut into the 50 billion/year that used to go to Mexico for cannabis. The cartels have many other avenues of income.

What would happen if drugs were decriminalized? Mexico is bad in the drug department but are they following the American drug war that cannot be won? We must also think that drug prices would go down if drugs actually were legal.

The drug cartels have no limits, it's happening in Mexico as it happened in Colombia before...

Circle of life...

De criminalize drugs and see how it all goes.

Voting without a ballot box. The candidate with the fewest serious holes in his supporters wins.

Petter Level 9 June 28, 2020

They are busy saving up money for our wall, and it has put their economy into a hard place!

Maybe instead of building a wall on border with Mexico it should be built in the US and separate people along different ideological lines. I would completely support that!

@Flowerwall It could pretty much just run along the old Mason-Dixon line! There have been big secession movements in the South for years. I am all for giving it to them. And then we will setup trade relationships - and they will find their lives get a LOT more expensive. We have more than they do, especially technology brains and sources.

@Observer-Effect I don't know where the best geographic separation would be, but I do have some cognizant thoughts on the ideological divide to found it on.

@Flowerwall Yeah, its tough - because though the biggest concentrations of folks who are fans of theocracy and totalitarianism are in the south, there are some big pockets of them in places like TX, AZ, WY and elsewhere. So it would be hard to have borders that complicated. But perhaps just one in the South and then the other folks just have to move if they want to be part of it!

An Israel/Palestine kind of thing? Hong Kong/China?

@Observer-Effect Something tells me those in the south are not fans of totalitarianism, but that is opinion. I don't think religious belief or lack thereof would have to be part of it at all. Both of the ideas you suggested are contrary to the constitution and not recommended for either side.

@Flowerwall Yeah the word "totalitarianism" is a tricky one. They definitely are not big time into the government control.

Unless . . . it is government power used to enforce stuff like their views on flags, kneeling, Bible in schools, abortion, and stuff like that. So I think that totalitarian aspects of government when used for the enforcement of theocracy & ideology. A huge percentage of Americas white Evangelical Christians are in the south - and they do espouse theocracy, even if some may not know what the word means!

@Observer-Effect Sure and some people espouse anarchy and communism in the US and it still can be part of the larger nation. You don't separate based on that alone, but there are places in law, in reality where it HAS to be separate. That's my opinion.

@Flowerwall Do anarchy and communism fit together in some way?

@Observer-Effect They were two examples.

@Observer-Effect Also in some situations, it could be. Who knows? We don't know, do we?

@Flowerwall I don't know, but it sounds like you might!

It looks like the cartels are taking this whole movement to dismantle the police very seriously. It’s nice to see my cocaine dollars going to social justice like this.

Not especially bold. To be honest the cartels are so powerful in Central America that they're considerably better equipped than the police force and even some countries militaries.

redhog Level 7 June 28, 2020

You're right about that. I wasn't referring so much to the level of violence and weaponry, but to where the attack took place as well as going after the Chief of police in Mexico City, in itself, being no quiet statement. But the Jalisco Cartel has been a rapidly rising power and their continued escalation of paramilitary enterprise is not all that surprising.

@Amzungu yeah there was intelligence being collected on the central america cartels more than middle east terror groups when I was in the US military.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.