Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK New Idaho Laws Target Transgender Residents : NPR

Two new laws in Idaho target trans people: One bans changing the sex listed on birth certificates.
The other — the first law of its kind in the country — bars trans girls and women from playing on sports teams that align with their gender identity.

Both of these are valid and it's my hope more states adopt the same language

"Sex Change" is outdated language: People don't change sex; they change gender. Unless there was a mistake or incorrect sexual assignment, sex at birth is sex for life.

Similarly, because your sex doesn't change, a transwoman still has the physical advantages conferred on her by being male as compared to other female; likewise a transman still has the physics disadvantages conferred to him by being a female as compared to other males.

TheMiddleWay 8 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome to "great America" where we are going back to the middle ages.

@TheMiddleWay I am referring to the post, not any comments by others.

@TheMiddleWay Any laws that seek to discriminate against any LGBTQ or person because of skin color i smiddle-age thinking.

Sex_reassignment_surgery#At_birth
[en.wikipedia.org]

Intersex
[en.wikipedia.org]

Sex assignment
[en.wikipedia.org]

Whatever one thinks I am not a fan of laws that exclude ANYone. We are all human.

Religion defining law not right

bobwjr Level 10 July 5, 2020

Interesting, here is a related article:
[theguardian.com]
My father, brother and I, (cis female) all build muscle very easily, which I put down to my grandfather being a body builder. What a bag of worms, and Germaine Greer’s ideas on the subject shocked me too, but however we address the issues there’s no need to be mean to each other.

I agree with you up to a point, however a few people are born without clearly defined male/female chromosomes. These unfortunate people have to choose which route to follow. Life must be very stressful for them and they deserve empathy, respect and kindness.

If a person has clearly defined male or female traits at birth, then every cell will have the XX or XY chromosomes for life. IMO it is unethical and should be illegal to change orientation through surgery and hormones.

It’s fraudulent.

sometimes the doctor has to "throw the dice" to decide if the baby is male or female.. and that is not right either.

"Sex at birth is sex for life"......just wow.........

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.