Agnostic.com

18 17

LINK Florida Teen Dies After Mother Took Her to Church Coronavirus Party, Then Treated Her With Hydroxychloroquine

The medical examiner's report notes that Davis attended a 100-person church event, where people were not required to wear face masks, roughly two weeks before she died in a Miami-Dade County hospital

The parent did everything wrong in this scenario:

A) A parent who is a nurse acting as if she is a doctor
B) A parent who knows that her child having an auto-imune problem still takes her to a party
C) A nurse who refuses intubation for her child

And I know this site is going to jump all over the church nature of this event but keep in mind that these gatherings are happening all over the place in very secular settings... birthdays, weddings, republican political conventions, bars... with equally tragic consequences.

TheMiddleWay 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"The teenager, Carsyn Davis, was a cancer survivor with a rare, ongoing autoimmune disorder." I am not a scientist but I am inclined to think that even the common cold could prove fatal to anyone with a weak immune system not to mention other airborne pathogens..

The father is a PA, and he also did not do the right thing. Though it wasn't stated, I wonder if he wrote a script for the hydroxychloroquine or otherwise supplied it.

Other articles state that it was not a covid party, just a church youth party.

To be fair I did not see where the church called it a "corona virus party". But that being said having an event with over 100 kids and not practicing social distancing is pretty dumb. And taking your child who has an auto-immune problem to any large gathering in these times is borderline if not out right child abuse. Now the child is dead and the parents have to live with the consequences of their decisions. I hope that I never end up needing medical help where the mother is employed

I hope the mother is held accountable for her child’s death!

Did they charge the parents in her death? Probably not, because the parents thought they were doing the right things, even if they were not! Still, I wonder about such cases. It's so sad, and a damn shame.

I hope she gets charged with murder or manslaughter or neglect or some sort of crime!

She should be prosecuted together with her church.

This is madness.

I keep saying, we need a face/palm emoji.

Study out of detroit this week:::: Hydroxychloroquine reduces death rate.

Review of thousands of cases::::: TIME TO BUY A FUCKING VOWEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She poisoned her child.

The corona virus party phrase is probably just clickbait. The article just says "event". We love our clickbait. The coronavirus party concept is mostly "urban legend". It's all sad enough as it is without exaggerating for shock value. Bad on Newsweek (not TMW).

skado Level 9 July 7, 2020

@TheMiddleWay

There is a difference between proceeding with normal activities heedless of current dangers on the one hand, and deliberately throwing a party for the purpose of demonstrating defiance of covid on the other. I just noticed a difference in tone between the shocking headline and how the event was described in the body of the article. We all love to be shocked and outraged so that’s where we are easily led.

[wired.com]

A nurse? One wonders where she attended nursing school or, more importantly, where (apart from her daughter) she plies her nursing skills!

@TheMiddleWay Indeed ... Ben Carson was a brain surgeon!

Insane religious Bullshit

bobwjr Level 10 July 7, 2020

[srpressgazette.com]
This is the christian faith , thoughts and prayers . Apparently the teen was heavily involved in church functions , and the mother did not made decisions as a nurse , rather as a devoted Christian . That’s how it goes .

Who wrote px for antibiotics and plaquenil for the child ?

@linxminx plaquenil is a med that we count now , just like narcotics . Can’t be taken without noticing .And it’s a twice a day regimen , too many pills .

its got to be prosecutable to be that fucking dumb

Right now a lot of the world is that fucking dumb, and especially in the United States.

@DenoPenno boy oh boy don't I know that

I read this story. Just horrible. The pure hubris of this female.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512973
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.