Agnostic.com

4 1

This is about stimulus checks but only the checks for seniors. I'm writing it because many people may be confused. If you are a senior OR in charge of money matters for one, you may have received a letter from Donald Trump on your stimulus check. No check so far, so what is going on?

Seniors on Social Security alone will be the last to get this money. Then you got in touch with the IRS and cannot talk to a real person so the AI system offers you a form. You fill it out and submit it but are told the info on the form does not match what they have on file. This is correct and it never will match. The system is searching for the last 2 years that you have filed income tax. It is a glitch and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. If you no longer file an income tax there is nothing to be found. Stimulus checks are not a part of the regular IRS system.

What to do? The first thing is to stop pulling your hair out, realize that you are not crazy, and just give it more time. If anyone has more information please submit it. Yes, I'm sure many will tell you how to "trace your stimulus check" but this is valid only if you are still working and in the system as working. Any Ideas?

DenoPenno 9 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm on SSDI - despite the fact that I file taxes - I received a printed check. Not a direct deposit.

Even though they direct deposit my SSDI every single month to my bank account.

If that doesn't tell you how confused they are? They had both my IRS information and my direct deposit information - but couldn't combine the two - because they were different entities.

If someone is truly stuck? I would suggest calling your State Representatives office. They often have people who help with matters like these. You can bet they have a number to get through. [house.gov]

If you're receiving social security and it's by direct deposit, then check you bank statements, as it was most likely direct deposited.

The IRS's web site is in fact the place to check on the status of covid-19 economic impact payments.
[irs.gov]

"Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?

Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:

• Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
  • Those receiving Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients
  • Recipients of Veterans Affairs Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefits
  • Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement (RRB) benefits"

[irs.gov]

I've heard the same thing.. the money was directly deposited into your account

And by the way, the "Get My Payment" tool (status) at the first link I gave you is indeed valid, whether you are working or not, as long as you are eligible to receive the payment.

@bingst I went there and put in dad's info and got a message that they had scheduled a check to be mailed to the address on file on May 15th, 2020. We have received nothing and do not know what they had on file. Now they say a follow up letter will be sent to that address. I think we have been screwed. Dad has a Direct Express card but nothing came on this either.

"Seniors on Social Security alone will be the last to get this money"
. . . wow, that seems ass-backwards. 😟

It is, and incorrect. Lots of seniors have already received the payment, early on, because of ready access as they were already receiving social security by direct deposit.

This was a real scam

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513071
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.