Agnostic.com

12 8

An somewhat 'unusual and interesting' thing happened yesterday in relation to the "Pope Paul Skelley event I mentioned earlier.
While I was waiting for the due time to attend my Hearing Test Appointment, I was approached by the local Police Sergeant and asked if " I had a few minutes to spare to come to the Police Station as there was a letter awaiting me there."
I had about 20 minutes before my appointment so I went with him.
Yes, there was a hand-delivered, sealed envelope awaiting me, I opened it in the presence of the Sergeant and read it before passing it to him for him to read as well.
It WAS from none other than 'Pope Paul Skelley' himself, apologising profusely and sincerely for ANY and ALL harm, distress, anguish, etc, etc, his " moment/s of religious zealotry may have caused me, begging most sincerely for my forgiveness and acceptance of the apologies of his 'congregation' and himself, that my neighbour ( the Evangelidiot) will NEVER again be permitted to either attend his 'congregation' or be welcomed at ANY of their homes, etc, and that I show this missive of apology to the Police."
He added that, " It is his sincere and most earnest hope and wish that this sorry matter can be resolved peacefully and permanently as well."
I simply told the Sergeant that, "i'd give some very serious thought BUT should I agree I'd WOULD be placing a few conditions of my own upon my agreement," and asked if the Sergeant could, perhaps, indulge me and send my response in a manner similar to how I received this message.
He agreed and said, "Take as much times as you see fit to decide what your response shall be and I SHALL deliver it personally as well."
Being a somewhat 'forgiving' type of person I am tempted to ' forgive but not to forget,' but as respect the thoughts, etc, of many and numerous friends on this site, etc, I would like their opinions, etc, on what they think I should/should not do as well.

Triphid 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ever so often, I read a post that seems to be written in another language. Or maybe there is a backstory that I missed. I'll just wait and do some research; maybe I will be able to answer your post in a while.

Why does this post not appear in my list of posts to this group? I had to come to your list of postsTony to get the reference to link it.

Why no pictures of these letters?

Well there would have been IF the Power Surge of last December hadn't destroyed my Scanner/Printer as completely as it did.
Fortunately the family I.T. Whizz Kid and I managed to rebuild my computer but it took quite a few weeks and sucked my reserve funds dry as well, not that there was a great deal of those either.
One important lesson I learned from that 'disaster' was NEVER buy Chinese made Surge-Busters again, Now I have German made ones with a guarentee that covers 5 years instead of the 12 months covered by the others any they are rated for Industrial usage as well, a bit more expensive as each costs approx. $25A and I managed to get them from an Electrician at Wholesale price plus 2 cartons of him favourite beer.

@Triphid I strongly recommend Google Photos. Free unlimited storage and instant backup. I'll never lose another picture again.

@JeffMurray Luckily I didn't lose everything thanks to 'Whizz Kid' and the external Hard Drive storage system he gave me about 4 years ago.
But I did lose a great deal of documents plus the first 4 chapters of a book I was writing when the surge hit.
I have all the original hard copies of my photos, etc, in a kind of Fire-proof storage ( an old Deep Freezer, wrapped in Aluminium foil as advised by the local Fire Brigade since Deep Freezers are very resistant to fire.

I have no idea. I know nothing of this Pope Paul Skelley or anything he might have done. Google does not show me much either.

What had happened?

I missed it too, the last update I can find is evangelidiot refusing soup, which was pretty offensive after previously coming around at 6.20am insisting on a dinner invite. He needs some help and his church have chosen this time to chuck him out? If there was a Christ I’m sure he’d be dead chuffed! (Makes me want to swear, but my Nana’s congregation in Mount Beaut are just as bad).

@girlwithsmiles Sometimes it is good to swear. Go ahea.

@Jolanta they were just horrendously fucked up, having no action in their village they spent their lives fixating on others, instead of running a local theatre or dance club, anything fun or healthy.

I've thought this over for the last 3 +hours while I was busy cutting and stacking around 200 kilos of firewood, this is a short list of my Conditions and Provisos that I'll be submitting via the Sergeant IF I should decide to go ahead and forgive BUT never forget.
Conditions/Provisos,

1. By NO means does this agreement invalidate the present Court Restraining Order,
  2. Under NO circumstances shall ANY member of the 'Congregation' led by Paul Skelley enter upon, visit at or expect to be admitted to home, property, etc, etc, UNLESS it IS a Genuine matter of Illness, Life or Death situation pertaining to one or more them or a member of the public found in the street in need of medical assistance,
  3. No person, either from Mr. Skelley's 'congregation' or ANY representative of any other religion be permitted to set foot upon or within my home or property from this day forward UNLESS so invited by written invitation issued by me and signed by me,
  4. All members, ex-members and future members of the Congregation/s led by Mr. Skelley, or and including ANY of his future Successors, etc, shall refrain, permanently from doing their interpretation/s of 'God's Work, etc, within a distance of 500 metres of my home and property as well as in ANY area deemed as being for the usage and enjoyment of and by the Public,
  5. Mr. Matthew Paine, friend and ex-congregation member of Mr. P. Skelley shall be required to Cease and Desist from making ANY and ALL contact with me via the dividing fence, etc, in my neighbourhood PLUS must desist and Cease immediately making spurious, erroneous comments, etc, regarding myself to anyone and everyone whom he meets and speaks to.
    These are my Conditions and Provisos, they ARE NOT negotiable and should they NOT be agreed to then the situation as it now stands shall continue as per the letter of the Law/s as pertaining.
    End of Conditions and Provisos.
    I've sent these in an e-mail to the Sergeant as of approx. 1 and a half hours ago and waiting for his reply/response.

That looks good, except for #4.

Certainly Mr. Skelley cannot be held accountable for the actions of ex-members of his congregation! If he had any control over them, they wouldn't BE ex-members, no?

And wouldn't "within a distance of 500 metres of my home and property " encroach upon the Evangeloon's home, or at least his yard?

@AmyTheBruce Just returned home from a meeting with the Segeant AND the Magistrate.
My conditions, etc, are quite acceptable by the Law with the exception of, as you mentioned, the '500 metres bit which has been changed to 50 metres in the street/lane that runs past my property and 6 metres when i comes to Evangelidiot's neighbouring house.
Plus, Evangelidiot may NOT approach the dividing fence when I am within 1 metre of it.
The Magistrate will now be issuing my respose to Mr. Skelley & Co. via the Sheriff's Office rather than via the Police.

Nothing to stop you being gracious but I imagine that the police will not want the restraining order being removed.
I wouldn't either.
Also if your neighbour has now been expelled from the coven you will have to be alert to the additional grudge he now has against you which will probably include his infecting any other Broken Hill sect of loonies that he joins.
Having learnt from this experience I'm sure that you will not receive a courtesy call next time!

I would agree to set the matter aside and let bygones be bygones, provided that the pope and his apostles leave you the hell alone and that should you meet an untimely demise, the authorities should investigate the pope as their prime suspect and that charges of issuing a death threat be brought forth regardless.

Really Triphid, I think you have the makings for a soapie script here. Broken Hill must be full of characters hiding from one thing or another, and of course the eccentrics. And what a landscape....quintessential Australia.

I can't advise you, just glad you can keep your sense of humour. Good luck

Oh how I wish it was merely a 'Soapie,' trust me I do so sincerely wish that it was.

I'd have no trust in any of it whatsoever. I'd want everything recorded, written, camera-ed, whatever.....once burned twice shy so to speak.

My home security system, hidden cameras and all has been operating 24/7 since Looney'Tunes Evangelidiot first moved into the neighborhood so many years ago.
Sadly, so I was informed yesterday, such recordings as my system makes and takes CANNOT, by Law, be copied, used or psted on Social Media sites, etc, as they may be required as Evidence in any possible future Law Suits and Cases.

@Triphid Yeah, it's gotten to the point where evidence is the keyword, & posting online is not a part of it. Covering your own ass is the most important.

@Lilac-Jade Couldn't agree more.
Lucky I have a about 5 years supply of re-usable, re-recordable DVD-R discs on hand.

@Triphid There ya go.

@Lilac-Jade Sssh, don't tell anyone (LOL) but I got a carton of them, used and unopened at a Gargage Sale 4 years ago.
Approx. 350 discs for a measley sum of $10 Aus.

@Triphid Wow.....& your secret is safe with me.

@Lilac-Jade AND everyone else on this site as well...LOL.

@Triphid lol, according to my landlord's agents you are not a prudent man - just another danheous hoarder!

This sounds reasonable and respectable to me. I would be inclined to take him at his word, respond politely through the Sergeant (so it's all a matter of record,) and let it go.

Make duplicates of everything. If you meet with any of that group try and have a witness of your choosing with you.
As for what you do, forgiveness is supposed to be good for you. Personally, it can be, and holding in any emotion can be harmful. Again, personally, I've done both.
I do agree that forget is off the table.

Including a copy of that Letter!

@RavenCT Darn, too late, all ready have and it'svaildated with Sergeant's signatures as well.
He has also kept the original and filed it with ALL the other information , etc, plus the Police copy of the Restraining Order.

@Triphid Excellent!

I've had to file restraining orders before - you want your ducks in a row.

Sounds like maybe he's had the "fear of god" put into him? But you never know with these types.

Hang in there! ❤

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.