Agnostic.com

12 9

LINK Church singing ban strikes sour note with California pastor

Singing sends saliva floating through the air. Can't you just hum instead? Just until they find a vaccine? Oh that's right, the deity will get upset if you don't praise.

IAJO163 8 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

GOD: Well, don't. It's like those miserable psalms. they're so depressing. Now knock it off
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

On a more secular level, the singing ban might not be as necessary as it seems. A musician friend posted an interesting video/experiment which you might want to try at home. Take a lighted candle and hold it in front of your mouth (Have a lighter handy). First whisper, then talk and then sing. You will find that the strength and projection of your breath is greater from the former to the latter.

But none at all is best...

@LimitedLight Have you tried it? Its kinda like a water hose when you close it up or open it out.

@Paul4747 True but as the video above shows, it would be the meeting up, talking, hugs and close contact that would be the most dangerous, not the singing.

@LimitedLight Yeah, the post I saw was from a professional singer. So I suppose the risk is much smaller than from a bunch of Sunday divas

Yes, I need my god given right to sing and praise my lord forever and forever. This jealous god sounds a lot like Trump. BTW, wouldn't 10,000 years be enough? Forever is a long time.

Nice to see the numbers dwindling 👍
so that pastor says enough is enough...taking it to court with relief funding from govt? ...when the relief funding was much needed elsewhere.

IF it weren't for the probability of them going from Church or whatever, and infecting other innocent people then I'd say let them bloody well sing their hearts out all they want and get as much Covid as they can inhale.
I'm sure their Invisible, Imaginary Sky Daddy would be more than happy to welcome new adulators to the ranks.

How dare they, now we will miss performances like this!

OMG, 9 seconds of that almost killed me!

That is very sad.

I'm a musician and this exemplifies some people's need for a deity. It justifies phrases like "Heaven help me" and "Oh my lord!"

@Coffeo yes, unpleasantly so.

Or Kazoo's I can here amazing grace right now.

If they did it online, they can sing as loud as they want via zoom

Funny how they have to "make noise", don't they think their God will hear them otherwise?

It's ALL AN ACT, that's what. It's a real circus of pretences.

@TimeOutForMe yes, it’s like who can be the noisiest is the most religious one.

@Jolanta
Exactly

You have to "make a joyful noise onto the lord." 🙂

facepalm

Just when I think I've heard the end all be all of stupidity religion opens its mouth again

redhog Level 7 July 11, 2020

You can't get saved if GOD can't hear you sing of his righteous might and glory. If you get COVID and die at least you can stand before the Almighty and claim at least you were singing.

Suit yourself, pinhead...I love singing karaoke, but there's no way I'm going out to that until Covid is over. I can't imagine a more high risk environment, but two of my younger karaoke pals have started going to it again. They are in their 30s and 40s, so they feel safe with the risk.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.