Agnostic.com

48 1

Do you think that exposing children to fantasy movies and books conditions their mind into accepting that magic, spirits, and gods can exist in our world?

I noticed 10 years ago that there was a backlash against Halloween and magic by fundamentalists because they thought that it was competing with Christianity (the Occult). I don't see such resistance these days. I'm wondering if they realize that getting kids interested in Harry Potter, godlike creatures, and magic help condition their minds to believe that these things can really happen in our world, and thus gods, spirits, and heaven/hell are believable, too. Harry Potter is a stepping stone to God.

That's the deal right -- indoctrinating the kids minds as young as possible so that the beliefs can better withstand the onslought of Reason when they get older? Get that crazy idea in their minds so that it sticks.

GlyndonD 7 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments (51 - 48)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51472
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.