Agnostic.com

17 14

LINK Christian Activist: Women’s Right To Vote ‘Product Of Soviet Bolshevik Revolution’ | Michael Stone

"Misogyny For Jesus: Conservative Christian activist Scott Lively claims a woman’s right to vote is a “product of the Soviet Bolshevik Revolution” and runs contrary to “a truly Biblical worldview.”"

It's a bit nuts. Most Christians have no concept of history... they think the bible itself is a written history instead of a bunch of fictional stories

snytiger6 9 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These idiots just keep crawling out of manure piles.

So, if there is such a thong as Karma, will they then come back as dung beetles?

If he was in Russia he might be right. His claim has nothing to do with women in the USA unless he could prove that ideas travel like disease germs.

I believe that when in Russia can vote, and if they vote for the "right" guy, can submit numerous ballots.

How about withholding sex from this asshole & all like him?

But then we’d be putting young BOYS in danger.

The Lysistrata strategy!

Well then call me a commie!

"It's a bit nuts."

Your capacity for understatement is matched only by your ability to ferret out examples of faith-based fatuousness.

Imho, that jerk is yet another case of the old saying, " Spat up against a fence and hatched out by the sun."
Women of this world, It IS better to die standing on your feet and fighting for your rights and freedoms than it is spend Eternity on your knees and in the chains of Religiously imposed Servitude.

Most people have never red the bible, even religious leaders, neither do they know history. They choose what suites their agenda.

But the Goatherders Guide to the Galaxy does state that " ALL Women should be silent and subservient to men at ALL times."
"A woman should NOT be permitted to teach the Words of God nor should she teach male children, she must NEVER correct, etc, her Husband nor should she permitted to own/posses anything including her clothing nor her body for she IS but the servant of the Husband."
Can't quite remember atm which passage it comes from or whether it is included in the KJ version or the much older pre-KJ original bible but I know that it IS one of them.

Yeah, most haven't. If you want to see Christians confused ask them if they believe the donkey really talked. Book of Numbers 22-28.

@snytiger6 Well "Mr' Ed" did would probably be their go to default response....LOL.

@Triphid Don't forget the movie, "Fancis The Talking Mule".

@snytiger6 I loved those movies.

I saw this yesterday, elsewhere, and am glad you put it here.
These guys either have, as you state, no concept of history, or like to screw with people's minds, via the good old, tried and true, Republican, Trumpian, method of gaslighting.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton, suffragette extroardinairre, died 15 years BEFORE the Russian revolution happened. In 1902, the first Russian revolution had not even happened.

Just another f***wit. And his sheep have no concept of history. 🤬

Another misogynistic, racist, homophobic disciple of the ....God Of Love? Where do they breed such ignorant cretins?

Men still trying to keep you females under their THUMBS! When will we ever learn?

Intimidated. But, they were all born innocent little babies - mostly cared for by mom for at least the first couple of years in most cultures. And . . . what happens? All of the dads are not abusive a-holes. It can't be JUST the men's fault that our boys are getting so fucked up. There is something getting culturally reinforced by both parents and other adults in their life.

And I don't know what that is, just that we are all in this together as influences and being influenced.

@Observer-Effect If you look at children playing you will notice that most of the time boys will want to play rough and girls will play with dolls. So no matter if a women brings up boys, the boys will still want to be boys.

@Jolanta Could that possibly hark back to our evolutionary traits of being early hunterers and gatherers? I'm not much on antropology but that may have some affect upon how the sexes differ.

@Justme43 Maybe, I don't know.

@Jolanta Just a guess 🙂 Sounded good.

Scott Lively is a bit nuts 😟

"Bit?" Did you say "Bit?'

@BirdMan1 Totally nuts.

Scott Lively can kiss my ass.
Like I'm going to put any stock in the delusional rantings of a dyed-in-the-wool
misogynist.
LMFAO

No! Kissing your ass would be to nice for him. Jamming something up his would be better.

@Beowulfsfriend

@Observer-Effect Ooo, that'd HAVE to hurt!

@Observer-Effect Try a bat'leth, it's curved for pleasure.

@PadraicM. OUCH!!!!

Nearly everything everyone has done for the last five hundred years, runs contrary to a truly Biblical world view.

"Those who do not understand history are doomed to repeat its mistakes." And a lot of people prefer to live in the past, rather than try to understand it.

It happened aground the same time frame but there is no connection between the two events. Where do these morons come up with this bullshit?

barjoe Level 9 July 15, 2020

The amendment came at around the same time frame, but the suffragette movement started long before that.

@BirdMan1 My Mother was a teenager, I think, before women could vote in the US. Sometime in the early '20s I think. She was born in 1909.

My mother too was born around 1910. I don't know how my mother voted. She never spoke of politics but often of race. She was a dyed in the wool racist.

Omg.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.