Agnostic.com

22 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, Americans, please stand up and say enough! Enough with the Christian bullshit! Separation of church and state, Mr Jeffress, ever heard of it? it means keep your bible and religious dogma out of government.

How about "Shove your bible and religious dogma up where the sun don't shine!"

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, 8 November 1838.

Fucking moron

bobwjr Level 10 July 16, 2020

Simple, and to the point!

Nothing quite like calling a spade a spade!

So, atheists and infidels perverted your right. How? Ignore them and go on your way.

I find his use of the word "infidels" concerning. It feels to me like he's trying to insight someone into violence. The "othering" that they do just deepens our divide.

Nah, ya know what... maybe they should just pray about it. Yeah, that'll work.

I don't even know what to call what he is doing. He is trying to pervert the constitution while accusing us of it...what is that!? Gaslighting!?

He's complaining about mandatory bible readings in public schools. We secularists have been fighting this battle for decades. Centuries probably, in one form or another. And it's very clear this battle will never going away. Its a perpetual battle.

Its guys like him that make me want to be involved in politics and policy. We really need to push for majority representation otherwise lying gaslighters may win simply by enduring.

Goddamn grifting gobshite.

Ohh, I like your language!

He's a fine example of the ignorance lurking in our society. Of course, he has an agenda....and his GAWD is on his side. Right.

Nepolian complexed man!! 😇 wearing a halo to conceal the evil!

And here was me thinking that religion and state should be apart.

US too...but we are in a choke hold now!

DHS and the Feds are currently perverting Portland with Fascism.

To these ASSHOLES I have but one thing to say...

I would love for him to just take a swim in the ocean and never come back.

redhog Level 7 July 16, 2020

Can I recommend Shark Bay, Australia as being the ideal and perfect place for him to swim.
It is NOT called Shark Bay for nothing btw.

@Triphid as long as those sharks play with their food. I was thinking Gators for that reason lol

@redhog Sharks don't 'play with their food' so much as they tear it to shreds.
Sorry BUT your 'gators would be no match for our Crocs either.
Up in Croc country anything under about 6-7 feet in length is consider to not much more than a hatchling, ours grow to well over 15 -18 feet in length and can easily drag down a fully grown Water Buffalo with ease.

@Triphid ill gladly take a croc. Unfortunately we don't have them here lol

@redhog Oh no you wouldn't my friend, I've watched that ridiculous " Swamp People" show, those 'gators aren't even a patch on our Crocs trust me or just ask my good friend Johnno from in the Northern Territory, Australia, he'll show the stump where is arm once was and the tanned and mounted skin of the Crc that took it, it still show the hole whee Johnno's wife rammed the the steel fence picket through its head to kill and save Johnno's life as well as the life of their whom the Croc was trying to attack when Johnno stepped to save him.
From memory, that Croc measured out 17' 9" from nose to tail btw.

@Triphid i mean just to take him out

@redhog Nah Crocs would be way too quick I reckon, better with the sharks, slower and way more painful as well.

As moronically stupid as his master, the orange turd.

He is a dangerous menace.

Peace and goodwill to all men.

dinoid Level 5 July 17, 2020

Not only is America a Christian country, but the Constitution has been perverted by infidels and atheists, according to MAGA cultist and Trump sycophant Pastor Robert Jeffress.

He made the comments on his “Pathway to Victory” broadcast during a series of episodes earlier this month promoting the Christian Nation myth. In the excerpt below, he was complaining about Supreme Court decisions that removed mandatory Bible readings from public schools.

It's the erudition of commentators like this that highlight why debate is crucial to democracy. I can't help but wonder which of the judges are the infidels and which are the atheists.

Just another moron with no concept of the past. 🙄🤮

...or the present or the future, that is if there is a future!

@Freedompath there'll be a future for weather anybody's around to record it that's another story

Atheist and infidel.

Is that what they're calling SCOTUS these days?

Interesting.

SCal Level 7 July 16, 2020

I saw this recently in connection with the Black Lives Matter movement:

"When you are used to privilege, equality feels like persecution."

Historically, Christian churches have enjoyed a lot of privilege in this country. Witness their tax-exempt status. It's time they got some equality.

Forcing your beliefs on others is oppression, in early America many religious people left Europe to escape. This is exactly what Jeffress and others like him are doing and have been trying to do ever since America was formed. Under that pretense we would end up like Iran. In my opinion religion is all about controlling others through fear and I will have NONE of it. Belief is a choice, don't force yours on me as I will not to you. At least our forefathers had that much insight and oppression was still fresh in their minds.

This one man is a ‘vexation to the spirit of mankind!’ And he has a hold on thousands of people, and especially...trump! Sad, sad!

Weird bc we don't normally hear Christian conservatives using the word infidels..

I can remember hearing it in my youth a lot!

It's pretty much the religious fanatics (of almost any religion) who use the word "Infidel(s)".

@snytiger6 good to know! Heretic is the word I'm more used to and it's not always a bad thing to be a heretic

@thinkwithme @snytiger6 @Freedompath, just replace infidel, heretic ...and apostate too - for freethinker or rational thinker and it becomes a compliment!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515964
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.