Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK California churches take state to federal court over ban on singing during services

Citing Scripture to underscore the role of singing in church, the suit said: "The book of Ephesians in the Bible commands that Plaintiffs 'be imitators of God' and 'speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.'

So god's covid -19 stupid? "Careful what you ask for. Losing that exempt status could mean taxation and list the church as a business.

IAJO163 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What is the problem with the religious? I thought committing suicide was against their beliefs - what changed?
I'll tell you what, when people rot their mind with religion they lose their common sense and become a danger to those around them

jrhere Level 5 July 22, 2020

Darwin awards all round

Natural selection.

Sing loudly! Watch your followers get sick and die from COVID-19.

Hope survivors sue your church.

Meanwhile, smart people who take sensible precautions will live.

Goodbye, idiots! You won't be missed.

If only those Covidiots would keep to themselves, but they shop, ride public transportation, interact with non stupids.

@BitFlipper

Smart people wear a mask in public places, socially distance and wash their hands frequently.

Raises hand.

@LiterateHiker but when we wear masks it only serves to protect others from us. The only way to protect ourselves from Covidiots is to avoid them completely.

This is how they spend the taxpayer money they received from the Paycheck Protection Program.

Hey ... sing away... all you want. eventually, there will be a smaller congregation.

Oh well.

I am in Total Agreement....if you wanna be stupid, sing away. There is Obviously far too much stupid about......

This is the problem...using Scriptures to back up all your ideas! I head this so much growing up, and even at an early age, I couldn’t get that notion to compute! I began at an early age...calling family and others out on using the Scriptures to defend themselves with!

In this case I support the church, the state should not interfere. What consenting adults choose to do in a private setting is on them. The state overstepped its authority.

However, the state should consider taking into custody any children there and charge the parents with child endangerment.

What about coming home and infecting the elderly? Who gets blamed for that?

What if my path crosses ‘their’ path, unknowingly? What if they are carrying the virus? I am sad to see, that a lot of people have lost (if they ever had), the ability to think though issues! Even Church people should be able to do that!

@IAJO163 well the elderly are adults that can call the police or their doctor. They are competent people thay can get to safety. If they have their power of attorney in the hands of dumb people...not sure what anyone can do...

@IAJO163, @Freedompath well...i assume everyone is a carrier. I wear mask, wash hands, minimize public outings, keep my distance.

If these dumb people are a part of your life...consider avoiding them?

Just because life is more dangerous, doesnt mean we violate basic rights.

I don't like people owning gun, but Im in Texas, so i avoid people who own guns. Same with alcoholic, drug users, criminals, and violent/menrally disturbed people.

That's all we can do.

@MakeItGood agreed! I might accidentally run into someone in the grocery store...who needs church with other people more than they need life(apparently). I want ask them if they have attended church lately, so yes like yourself I must assume anyone can be a carrier.

@Freedompath Not sure if it's an option for you, but amazon grocery delivery service is pretty good.

Ive been using that rather than visit the store. Ive had people outright ignore the mask and social distancing just to get some bananas! I recommend take a cart just to force social distsncing.

@MakeItGood Since it is my only outing, I will keep going into the store! Lol. I have no underlying health issues, so that gives a little comfort. But I get my things and get out quickly!

@MakeItGood Try as one might, it's hard for some. I can get by with thinking about myself but my feeble 84 yr old auntie isn't as capable. If her 21 yr old non mask wearing grandson comes to visit, he could infect her. I'm astonished that people can't stay away from each other long enough for this thing to pass!

Wonderful

So let them sing in a circle, all facing outward, wearing masks and face shields and having tested negative for Covid

UUNJ Level 8 July 17, 2020

Let them sing in two lines walking past each other with their heads pointed at each other with no masks, shields, or gloves while high-fiving like a baseball team after a game where the game was a chicken wing eating contest. The more church-goers that catch this thing, the better shot we have of RBG dying when Trump isn't in office.

@JeffMurray Only certain churchgoers. The ones praying it away.

@UUNJ I mean statistically. Old people tend to be more religious, more Republican, and more venerable to Covid. This means the worse the outbreak gets the more likely it will improve Biden's chances in the election.

Why don't they just kill each other then sing to God in person?
No, wait that wouldn't work because,

1. Priesty-boy wouldn't have any more Sheeple to 'fleece,' and,
  2. god has never existed...LOL.

Ya forgot the money angle also.

@starwatcher-al No, I said about the 'fleecing of the Sheeple' i.e. when someone cons another out of money etc, they are being fleeced.

Churches are businesses.

I love your last paragraph. Meanwhile, my religious friend thinks people should be allowed to keep their statues, flags, and monuments. He hasn't a single clue.

Allow them to sing, place a quarantine around the building during the service, and if everything is okay allow them back to the general population after 14 days.

They are spreading water droplets and putting other people at risk. Selfishness by Christians who see themselves as moral people. They're morally bankrupt.

barjoe Level 9 July 17, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516231
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.