Agnostic.com

53 4

How do Americans view Canadians?

Is it realistic?

atheist 8 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As "knobs" and "hosers", eh!

So grateful for the comedy and humor. Thank you Canucks! Eh!

Having just moved back to Texas after 10 years in Canada I hear the answer to this quite often.
The most common perceptions are that Canadians are all super nice and really freaking lucky to be living on their side of the border.

I lived in Burlington, VT for 3 years and crossed the border quite often - 1 1/2 hours to Montreal. Also worked and attended sales training in Toronto. Didn't see much of the area. Canadiens are very similar to Americans except they speak French in Quebec City and Montreal a little.

No different than anyone else?

This American views most Canadians as being not that much different from us.
Just more polite, and not suffering under a bunch of morons, led by an even bigger
orange moron. Every Canadian I've ever met has been a pretty decent person.
Except for one guy. He was a dick, but we were both only 15 at the time. So, he was
just a regular teenage boy.

I can't speak for many Americans but I can speak for myself and several others I talk with:

Our consensus is Canadians are fortunate not to be living in an increasingly fascist Trump inspired plutocracy.

well my Mom just asked me about an hour ago if we should all move to Alaska and I'm all WHAT? Oh hell no. If I have to be that cold I'm going to Canada... so there ya go 😀

Ridiculously and insanely polite and tolerant. I mean Trump visited their prime minister and they didn't even arrest him!!

I think for the most part they are seen as the same as people in the US, up until they talk about US politics then I think Americans get salty.

I’m very fond of Canadians. I spend lots of time in BC ?

I can't speak for all Americans. I view Canadians very favourably.

Americans look down at everybody. It is one of the great short comings of our nation.

Canadians are great! Y'all are so polite and eat snow candy and poutine and play hockey and say e-book and have the Trailer Park Boys! That might be a bit stereotypical. Lol. You have some amazing cities and I'm a big fan of Justin Trudeau and his socks!!

I can only view the ones that are near the border when I am.

No, but seriously. I consider Canadians to be mostly the same as Americans, only nicer. The few times I’ve gone north of the border, I had friendly encounters with everyone I met.

You also have produced many great comedians. Thanks!

I live in Minnesota, we’re quietly trying to become part of Canada

I like Canadians. If I had a job up there I'd move, our country is Looney Tunes.

Telescope.

I can;t speak for all Americvans, but I view Canadians as more civil than many Americans, well educated, and politely independent.

Wistfully...

Essie Level 6 Apr 6, 2018

Basically visiting Ontario and Vancouver is like being on an episode of Sliders where you land in a universe where everything is almost EXACTLY like home, and you feel very comfortable there until you start paying attention to the little things like brand names, and suddenly, it feels weird.

whereas quebec just feels like being in france with well, french people

I live about an hour away from Vancouver/Victoria BC. I can see Canada from a lot of points on my island. Right now they are a lot more progressive than us (except for the fact that Victoria dumps it's sewerage in the Salish Sea). We desperately to copy their gun restrictions and national health plan.. I have a Nexus card and visit it often.

I'm hoping for more global warming so I can illegally immigrate there!

jeffy Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

"Frostbacks"...sneak in from the North to steal our jobs. 🙂

Montreal tho, aren't they mostly French? I have a friend from Canada who went off talkin bout how they made them learn French in school. He's in his 60s & still pissed. No one likes the French.

MsDee Level 5 Apr 6, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.