Agnostic.com

19 45

Alt Jesus.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That sign holder forgot a few things, like "kiss tRump;s ass."

Doesn't his sound like the self described "Christians" who follow Trump?

I think DarkMatter2525 actually did a video about this on youtube. It's called the alt apostle.

Isn't that pretty much in line with John the Revelator's' description of the Anti-Christ ?

TO_BY Level 7 Aug 13, 2020

I prefer eat the rich to feed the rich, tho I believe they are so toxic that they might be unhealthy to eat and not taste very well...

That is Trump's message....

Yep. Though none of the Jesus character's teachings are completely unique, I'd say at least 75% of them I agree are good principles to live by. But Christianity was just another obscure cultish sect, one of many dozens drifting around Judea at that time, and it would have died out if it had not been adopted by power players in Rome. It has been a political tool ever since. It has two millenia history of being used to manipulate sheeple into supporting leader's socio-political agendas. Naturally it gets twisted to reflect those. "Praise the Koch Brothers!" "Praise Capitalism!" "Praise Cult of Personality!"

Agreed. I've also noted that the loony evangelist groups are starting to abandon the love and kisses Jesus, finding this myth too soft and 'liberal' for them. They want a more moralistic conservative Jesus, not a poor hugger and bleeding heart lefty Jesus. And so it goes. You buy your Jesus mould and you cast him in your own image. To think that this god/savior/born/die/returns/follow the saviour you are saved, meme goes back thousands of years even before first century AD. But don't tell the believers that. They hate real history.

It is amusing isn't it that a religion that has at its centre a mythical figure who, in a modern interpretation, is associated with the poor, the downtrodden, challenging authority, and preached love and forgiveness, and yet now is almost universally associated with power, wealth, anti-modernism, regressive, narrow-minded and moralistic reactionary conservative thinking, as well as anti-diversity prejudices. And yet so many "good Christians" are utterly oblivious to the core myths of their religion, and their personal hypocrisy. Jesus really is a meme that people just create based on their own prejudices. Two thousand years and continuing.

Methinks a non-lover of drump......

Pretty well describes conservatives, esp. the Trump supporters...

Cheeto Christ- Stupid Czar "Randy Rainbow"

OH...and, don't forget.....NEVER STOP TAKING MONEY!

Alt Antichrist in the White House.

Yeah, I call that Republican Jesus. Maybe that's unfair, in that Republicans are not republican any more.

seems to be. 😕 that and "fear everyone... they are out to get YOU!"

also known as republican Jesus....

Like Bizarro world Jesus.

AKA the anti-christ? AKA Trump? 😛

throw lots of stones

Love the line, "You're only making it worse on yourself! How can that be, I'm already sentenced to death by stoning?",,,,,,, That movie is so painfully funny because it is so true about religious fanaticism..

Oh YES! Classic Python!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.