Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK The Nudge And Tie Breaker That Took Women's Suffrage From Nay To Yea : NPR

Great story that's not often told. At least I was never told how the tides actually turned for women getting the right to vote. Someone loved his Mother more than partisan politics. 💜

SeaGreenEyez 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lincoln passed the anti slavery amendment 1865 in cold February weather with lame duck Congressmen with weeks left in their jobs Democrats who were always for slavery personally persuaded by Lincoln's odd bible stories from an Atheist perspective..... at the same time Frederick Douglass betrayed Stanton&Anthony by adding only black men to citizenship deleting all women from citizens right to vote 1865 forcing women to fight 55 long years across the country of 48 states up from 30+ states during war time

Thanks for posting this.

Sometimes one person can make a difference.

Great story, SGE! Thanks for telling it! Because I help at the local Historical Society, I've read a lot of arguments pro/con which were published about this issue. If you think about arguments used by racists against blacks...they're the same arguments used against votes for women! We weren't capable of the logic required to make decisions on the ballot! We didn't really WANT to be involved in politics! We were needed at our ''regular'' jobs...and not out voting!

Awesome story

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 17, 2020

Harry Burns of Tennessee is an unsung hero.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525540
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.