Agnostic.com

43 10

Do you go by the amount of positive reviews when you make a purchase online?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes, it depends on what I am buying.

Yes... but I also like being warned too. So I read up on some of the negative.

I make my decision with that in mind, along with other factors.

JK666 Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

I pay most attention to the 3 star (our of 5) reviews. I find them most informative.

Yeah I tend to read them first

I don't buy a lot of things in person. Most of my purchases are on Amazon. I always read the reviews very carefully.

I always read reviews and look for a photo/video someone else took as well

Yes, however I take all reviews with a grain of salt. I don't read any reviews that are not from a verified buyer or were given a discount for a review. I do tend to go with Amazon's choice when buying and that works well.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 8, 2018

Amount of reviews matters as much as the rating.

Reviews factor into my decision, yes.

No. I just ordered from Chewy.com first purchase in a year. - new dog food

I do, but I carefully consider the negative reviews as well.

I try to read as many reviews as possible; good and bad. I also consider the age of the reviews, and version of the product being reviewed(if applicable). I look for q & a , and FAQ sections (if available), and the return policy.

It depends, if I don’t know thobject of my desire yes, but I usually try to research my online purchases in other ways

Phin Level 6 Apr 7, 2018

A lot of times... but more so I don't buy it there are a lot of bad reviews...

Sometimes, I will check the reviews, sometimes not, depending on the item.

I definitely weigh reviews - what th average is as well as what the lowest raters had to say.

It does impact my buying somewhat, but I'm also aware that some companies pay people for positive comments about their products. I heard that Yelp is keeping an eye on phony reviews.

Depends on what I'm buying.

If it is what I am looking for I buy it.If it is reviewed by consumer affairs I buy it. I do not buy on neighbors recomendation as I do not believe he likes me to much.

Yes I do and I read the comments..

It's usually one of the major deciding factors. But good reviews do not always make for a good product. I also look at the NUMBER of reviews. Do I buy a 5 star item with 60 reviews or a 4 star item with 5000 reviews? I would go with the 4 star item.

Always check the negatives. I then try to figure if they are being fair or were just unlucky.

KarlM Level 3 Apr 8, 2018

I read them with a lump of salt..If I buy on line it's usually for adult toys...so there aren't any reviews anyway.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52556
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.