Agnostic.com

17 7

LINK Georgia School Principal: COVID-19 Is ‘God’s Cleansing Plan’ | Michael Stone

I wonder how much of his views are because Covid -19 affects the lowest income persons who have poorer nutrition (usually people of color) the most, that he sees it as "gods cleansing." It seems a bit slanted into a racist ideology.

snytiger6 9 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’d say the principle has a good point. Considering the evil god of his bible was usually concocting evil plans for humanity—famines, plagues, floods, death, and destruction, COVID fits god’s MO. Well spotted, Georgia principle!

I wonder if he would go to the doctor if he got covid19, or would he let god cleanse him?

I'd lay Odds on bets that he'd first head off to the Doctor and IF he survived then he'd tell his congregation that Jeebus answered his prayers and saved him.

Yeah this God thingy is doing a truly great and wonderful job BUT he is also killing of his believers as well.
Kind of like a 'friendly fire' situation if you ask me.

While I can understand Christian apocalyptic reactions what they fail to understand is that biblical prophecy was always based on foreseeable eventualities. Which of the four horsemen of the apocalypse is a new idea? And they're very much open to interpretation which you see from wikipedia. With the use of so much symbolism it is easy to relate the symbol to something you know. My mother is always thinking the end is near because she's always seeing "signs of the times". She does this without recognition that the same things have been happening over and over in repititious cycles for hundreds and thousands of years. So how is someone saying "you'll know when the end is coming by these things" credible when those things happened before with no "the end" on the next page. We keep turning the page and then Christians and Muslims get involved, wanting "the end" (tm) to come so they interfere in ways that simply repeat the same cycles that naturally produce these "signs".

What's dangerous about this is that there is a lack of responsibility. People don't see themselves causing it. They think it's God and therefore they are free to continue the same idiotic policies that keep these things happening. Either they blame God or the devil, not understanding that they are both; like a single array of billions of elements. Just like the human body has billions upon billions of cells constantly reproducing and dying the same is true of humans, as both God and Devil; constantly choosing Good and Evil.

Had Evangelical Christians not voted for Trump maybe we would have had a competent president and the virus would have been caught earlier and contained. It's not like there weren't warnings. Ask Bill Gates. Ask Obama. So there's no "The Purge" going on. Humans are just being stupid. We've had coronaviruses, I'm sure, since the very beginning, the same way we have poisonous plants and animals and the same way that we have ecoli.

If you drive drunk and crash you can't blame God or Satan. If you the people around you don't wear masks in the middle of a pandemic, same thing.

You wouldn’t wanna go to a funeral with him in Belfast 😆

You do bring up a good point.

cleansing plan is right but not gods.

Georgia....it figures

Since a lot of church going yahoos were cleansed by their god, I would say his colonic god is better than diarrhea.

Well we all know where the dirt is.

What an idiot. He would have fit very well into the world of Columbus.

If his view were correct, it would mean that God is trying to weed out a lot evangelicals, ass more than a few outbreaks can be traced to church gatherings.

uhoh... Whenever someone uses the word "cleansing" as a euphamism for death you know exactly what kind of person they truly are.

Hope that dude got fired and banned from school admistrative positions.

And this is why we continue to fight against religion

My first reaction, was he should cleanse himself. After reading the article, a teacher attributed to her principal saying it in jest. It's not really funny, but you gotta watch what you say, even in private. People talk, as this teacher did. This principal could get fired for hearsay repeated by this teacher.

I hope the principle receives full immediate karma for being a conservative, he probably doesn't wear a mask because God loves him.

They talk about genocide like its casual Friday... cuz god.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.