Agnostic.com

15 14

Did a bug fly up your nose?

If yes, how did you get it out?

Today while hiking, a bug flew up my nose. Tried to blow it out. Forgot about it.

Karen and I climbed steeply and circled around a mountain. Hiked 6.6 miles total with over 1,800 feet of elevation gain (and loss).

Got home and showered. An hour later, I felt something crawling inside my nose. Stuck in a finger and pulled out a live, black bug! Ewwww.

Glad I found it. The things you go through in the great outdoors!

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

sinus rinse squeeze bottle..........

I’ve had them up my nose. They’re a bugger to get out. Glad you could do it

Us runners often inhale or ingest bugs. Buy never had one up my nose 👃😉

I always know when a fellow runner has a bug in the back of their throat. They sound like a cat hacking up a hair all 😂

Another good reason to wear a mask.

Could have been worse.

I do hate when that happens. But at least you got him out pretty quickly, so lucky break.

fortunately, it wasn't the bird of paradise.

Here is something I learned along those lines...note to self..."never ride a motorcycle with your mouth OPEN"...😒

The happy biker has bugs in his teeth.

@WonderWartHog99 someone has been telling you fibs😂

It happens

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 20, 2020

I don't know any quick ways of getting them out of your nose, but for future reference you get them out of your ears by pouring olive oil into your ear and floating them out. I saw a nurse do that when a diving mate got a tiny crab in his ear.

I've inhaled a few bugs over the years, swallowed a couple, but never had one set up housekeeping in my nose.

I'm one of the first of the great indoors people and we occasionally have insect issues as well.

Reminds me of some Star Trek episodes. Glad you got it out. 👍

The worst aliens we’re always bugs

We all live in the real world.
Stuff happens -- glad you're ok.

All bugs are mostly protein, the only thing that can actually do you harm is the bacteria on them, but then that gets killed when they hit the hydrochloridic acid in your stomach. I used to ride a bicycle and so ate many bugs. Fortunately no bee's.

@dalefvictor I was talking about the nose picking. 😝

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526442
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.