Agnostic.com

13 10

Many of your bios reflect my so-called religious back ground. I lived in a smaller town that supported over 20 churches. My parents mandated I was baptized as an infant, attend Sunday’s school, confirmation classes, get confirmed by the time I began high school. My parents watched from a far. My commitment to church as a child was an hour daycare center with arts and crafts. There was no true meaning given I just stopped going. By the time I graduated High school I got the letter to seal the deal. I am no longer a active participating part of congregation since you are not paying 10% of earning. I then lost my father and grand father shortly thereafter. Any remaining interest dissipated. The Bible was a book of dictated stories that admonished all those that do not accept the calling. I received more spiritual relevance from crystals I found and running down country lanes. I discovered that sitting down fore a sermon had no true meaning for me. I e were oils rather pick up a book or listen to music.

Gsanders55 5 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was baptized twice, once as a catholic and once as a mennonite. Both times it was entirely meaningless.

I'm sure I was baptized more than once. My Evangelical parents said their bibble claimed you had to re-do your first works if you drifted away from the church. Right now my daughters are scared crapless and are getting into religion and baptism again. Maybe their first time didn't take.

Welcome to the club enjoy your look around lots of nice people, but I feel ripped off I was a Catholic and they dunked my ass when I was a baby, and I never got a letter saying I was fired. 😣😉😁

Crystals are mesmerizing. Their very existence betrays an underlying order in a universe that appears chaotic.

People keep saying stuff like this and I don't understand why. There are plenty of things in the natural world that tend toward order.

I was baptized at the age of 11
8 years latter, I stopped believing in what I can not see with my eyes

Yeah....I can relate. My pentacostal baptism at age 8 seems to have worn out. Maybe my parents' low income tithes were only enough for the discount version. 25 years ago I had a sidewalk evangelist try to tell me that I would come back to God, because ....drumroll....once a name is written in the book of life, it is IN there. God apparently has not heard of an eraser. 😏

Welcome! Join into some groups that suit your interests and start meeting people.

So, in the end it was about money, the 10% to belong to that club.

Welcome to Agnostic! Feel free to post anytime.

I can accept my primitive ancestors as the apes they were, especially Dads side of the family, they seemed convinced the South won the civil war, which as I understand it wasn't so civil.

Welcome. I had some similar narrative in my story. I found that I'd always been an atheist, but it took close proximity to fundamentalism for me to flat out use the atheist label.

It takes adjusting to wear two labels; agnostic and gay.

Welcome.

Welcome, and well done, thanks for your story

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526588
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.