Agnostic.com

17 9

LINK Polish bishops call for "clinics to help LGBT people regain natural sexual orientation"

From the article....

Poland’s Catholic episcopate has adopted an official “position on the question of LGBT+”. While stressing that LGBT people, like all others, deserve respect, the bishops say that this “does not mean accepting their views uncritically”.

snytiger6 9 Aug 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are we surprised? These are Catholics after all...

Do these "clinics" pray the gay away?

They may make that claim, but no, they don't.

@snytiger6 I know

What would a Catholic bishop know about this?

Alter boys told him

Same Shit, different country. It's just another slice of the "ex-gay" movement, which is driven by religion.

If you haven't seen the early '90s documentary "One Nation Under God," you need to. It is available streaming but I think you can find it in parts on you tube. This clip is the opener.

This docu is certainly dated, but it is fascinating to see the insane mindset, which truly still exists inlarge pockets in western countries and more broadly in former soviet block societies.
Poor Sy Rogers, the Exodus International president at the time. Grrrl! She isn't fooling anyone.

Sounds like the bishops need to be stop worrying about lgbt, and stop their preist from playing with the children in a sexual manner.

Maybe the church needs to pay more attention to converting priests from being pedophiles..

"Clinics" hmm I seem to remember Pence once having the idea of full "camps" to do this. Yeah same thing just using a different way of saying "concentration camp"

What would a Catholic priest know about natural sexual orientation I wonder, after all they are doing a very unnatural act by being celibate all their lives and it shows.

Most of them are not celibate.

And molesting little boys. ... 😡

Maybe we and the LGBT community should start a program to help the fanatical Christian Hierarchy regain some semblance of natural sanity and let go of their unfounded superstitions!

Wow! Tone deaf...

Tell him a trans woman says to stop living up to bigotry against the Polish.

That is a perfect example of "talking out of both sides of one's mouth".

The catholic church should be reclassified as a terrorist hate group.

Poland, the only country, that while in the Warsaw Pact, had priests in their military. No surprise they are more fascist than most.

Poland is on it's way to being a fascist country in part because of the catholic church. There's conversion therapy in the catholic church in the US too. My former significant other is involved in it.

Remember Michelle Bachmann? Her husband had a Conversion Therapy clinic. You should see him. He's a very gay man. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

@barjoe Sounds like you saw the Seinfeld episode...

@barjoe I remember. The lady who never blinked.

Yes she was a congress woman from this state. While her husband has characteristics that are not typically masculine I cannot say for certain he is gay. She is a vile person.

@TomMcGiverin I mean.... she's got MAN HANDS!
🙂

Any religion that teaches not to question authority inadvertently prepares a country for a fascist takeover.

Partial victory

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 31, 2020

Really? What part?

@Cutiebeauty Treated with respect not derision

@bobwjr you didn't read the article apparently... 😞

@bobwjr window dressing public claim of respect. Not actual respect.

“We think LGBT people deserve respect, but we are going to change them to something else”.....is not accepting that they deserve respect, it’s saying the opposite!

Conversion Therapy? Are the Bishops going to attend them theirselves?

The phrase "conversion therapy" is typically applied to sexual orientation. I think such bishops should receive conversion therapy to sanity, but the success rate would probably match that of sexual conversion therapy.

@anglophone The catholic churches conversion therapy includes that for gender identity. My transman ex is part of it. And more bishops than not are either gay or pedophiles.

@anglophone I'd say the point is there are most certainly a hefty share of gay closet cases among these homophobic clergy.

@Theresa_N Thank you for sharing that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:529630
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.