Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK Christian-Owned Wedding Venue Refuses to Host Mixed Race Wedding Because Jesus | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

A woman who works for the venue told Welch that, since the owners are Christian, they don’t host same-sex weddings… or mixed-race ones. Because Jesus.

snytiger6 9 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Funny, the Jesus I was indoctrinated with was nothing like the Christians of today.....he did have himself a fine ho though!

To enforce such rules they would need to be declared a church and thus be unable to charge a set fee for weddings.... According to IRS regulations they would actually be declared a business for charging a set fee and lose tax exemption allowing them to be sued for refusing to allow anyone access even different religions....

Because Jesus what? He never wrote anything. Saul of Tarsus did it for him.

I hate to break it to them, but Jesus was mixed race. His father was this white dude who lives in the clouds and his mother was Middle Eastern.

Or maybe his father was also middle eastern? Where joe was born?

The bibble always gives his lineage through Joseph. It is believers who confuse everything later.

And the Holy Spirit came from the local bar...

More of that Christian love and benevolence manifesting itself !

Typical religious bullshit.

What? Did you think tolerance and inclusiveness were Christian virtues? Hah!

They are and they aren't. In so-called liberal Christian churches, they are. In mainline Christian churches, it's hit and miss. In fundy Christian churches, inclusiveness and tolerance are seen as weak and not obedient to God's will.

Love that "Because Jesus." He's all ya need! Hallelujah! 😈

Actually, in the bibil heyzues was very accepting and even embraced the marginalized. Not that I think he ever really existed

And never mentioned homosexuality.

@Beowulfsfriend He may have had something going with John.

@GeorgeRocheleau Yes, he was referred to as "John the beloved".

Would a perfect being be as homophobic, xenophobic, and bloodthirsty as the God of the bible is? Didn't people like Hitler, Stalin, and Hussein just to name a few also share traits like those?

I have the same question for evangelicals about God as I do about Trump -- what do they see in this asshole??

It never ceases to amaze how much deep rooted stupidity there is. This is fostered by the Church which serves society by keeping a sheep-society easily manipulated to whatever ends. I like to imagine a society made up of intelligent, logical people. It would be a fun exercise to describe what that would be.

Ahhh, I don't know about that. Spock was an interesting character on Star Trek, but it would be a pretty boring world if it was like Vulcan and everybody was very intelligent and ultra-logical like him. Better to have a diversity of types like the Enterprise had.

@TomMcGiverin Actually there are some thinking Christians, Jews, etc. But what I have noticed is that all this fund raising in the election is so that the non-thinking can be reached and influenced. This is a multitude that shapes our world. Ugh!

@think-beyond True. Thinking informed people are usually not influenced by TV ads, which is what all the money is going to. Ignorant and less intelligent people are influenced greatly by TV ads.

They must still be under the illusion that Jesus was white..

Disgusting rot.

Won't god be mad they turned down money, they could have given to the church?

So exciting! Xtians get to legally discriminate! "Are you paying attention, god? Look what we did for you!"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.