Agnostic.com

29 10

PLEASE...let us NEVER FORGET!
Where were you when it happened?
I was the Front-Office Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, off of 51st and Mingo. The TV in the lobby was on with the local news. They cut to the breaking news of the first plane hitting the tower. I remember remarking, "Wow, that's a pretty dumb pilot! What the hell was he doing flying so low over New York City and how could he not see that building in front of him." Then the second plane hit...there was pin-drop silence in that hotel-lobby. The lady who set up our complimentary breakfast was an older lady who had been around the time of Pearl Harbor...clutching her throat, in a trembling voice, she said, "I think World War III just started!" I was 30 years old then...standing next to me was Irena Avdavovich, a Bosnian refugee who was our Asst. Sales & Marketing Manager, and in the hallway was our GM, Guy Lucas, a French-Canadian...

Green_Soldier71 7 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Getting ready for work (5:55 a.m. PDT), heard on the radio news about the first plane. Turned on the TV and saw the smoke billowing out of the north tower, and, having read about the B-25 that got lost in fog one night during WWII and crashed into the Empire State Building, my first thought was, 'how could a plane crash into a building on such a perfect day?'

And then, a few minutes later, I watched in horror as the second plane hit the south tower. Catching only a glimpse of the silhouette coming in from the right of the screen, and without a good size reference, I'd thought it to have been a 737, not a jumbo 767! At that point, I turned to my spouse and said, 'we are at war.' Sadly, all of this immense loss of life and billions of dollars in expense might have been averted had US airlines instituted processes similar to those of El Al.

I was driving to work that morning. I was at a stoplight on Kirkman Rd right in front of the entrance to Universal Studios when I turned on the radio and it was happening. When I got to work, all the TVs were tuned to it and it was all anyone was talking about.

I know I can't. 😔

@Green_Soldier71 No need to be sorry. The date does it by itself.

The inquiry into the bombing at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester has just started and sadly it is apparent that several opportunities were missed to stop the bomber.
I think the same could be said about the Twin Towers atrocity.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.