Agnostic.com

58 6

Do you believe all children are naturally born Atheist?

When we are born, we are born without the knowledge of gods, but are taught these things. Any thoughts on this and why?

lferguson900 4 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. Stories only exist because we let them spread.

There a naturally born blank canvas with very basic needs and a huge brain ready to learn as shown by kids brought up by dogs.

That is a good question and I do not recall any research on it, either! I can remember, when I was very small thinking there was something like a 'god' watching over me! I have no idea where I got that idea from, as it was before I was bused to church! And, I do not remember my mother telling me anything to connect it to!

I read a paper years ago that the only instinct humans are born with is to suckle. It is in our hands from there. There may be newer research that disputes that paper, but from my observation babies start out hungry and little else.

If you have nothing to believe, you then have nothing to not believe. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Sure do.

We are all born with blank slates. One must be taught beliefs, prejudices and hatred.

Yes they are taught by family, church/temple and religious/Sunday school.

Of course!

mzee Level 7 Apr 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.