Agnostic.com

9 3

LINK Americans Who Identify As 'Spiritual' More Likely To Engage In Politics, New Study Finds

ReligionUnplugged article on recent study about religion and political engagement

Hages 7 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

is there a correlation between this because of religion's deep-seated premise that it's ok to screw over people who aren't "like you?"

Ergo, If one is considering oneself to both 'spiritual' and religious then one should first remember where in the bible it says plainly " Render unto Caesar ONLY that which is Caesar's, Render unto God that which is God's," and "No man can serve two Masters."
I.e. and imo, IF you want to be spiritual or religious or BOTH then be so but stay out of politician, IF you want to a politician then stay well out of religion/s.

This coming from a magazine dedicated to publishing articles on religion.

Nope....... Not buying it.

I'm not spiritual and I engage in politics. Unfortunately a lot the ignorant people I come across on social media are full blown ate up with spirituality, as well as are part of cult 45

Spiritual can mean anything you want it to mean.

Yep, it's just like "You say potato, I say potarto," some thing but the inflection and nuances, etc, are just as meaningless.

I do not consider myself spiritual at all, but engage heavily in politics. So, I tend to be suspicious of the findings.

Me too

You do know that there's contradictory results on these kinds of studies depending on the bias of the people conducting them right?
But then again you'd be hard pressed to find an American that doesn't identify as "spiritual."
Plenty of decidedly non spiritual people who think they're spiritual are involved in politics.
Never believe anything about science or spirituality from any source with "religion" anywhere in their title because as in normal religion it's all spin, misinformation and overt lies.

They clearly did not include me in their little poll.
🤣🤣🤣

Of course it is a study by a group that promotes spirituality. This type of study results are biased and bogus. In other words, a load of crap. Like the Trump polls ran by the researchers he hires.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:536880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.