Agnostic.com

15 10

LINK A Flat Earther Tried Convincing Her School Board to Teach the Controversy | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Last week, during a board meeting of the Methacton School District in Pennsylvania, Marilyn Teed delivered a public statement about something “being taught in the schools that… could be an outright lie.”

She then delivered a four-minute statement on how the Earth is flat.

snytiger6 9 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

every one knows the world is not flat, it is a torus squared.

I kinda wish they would let this happen...cuz I want the flatearther to get destroyed by the logic of children's questions.

I wanted to see her face.

What a fucking moron! You can't cure stupid.

I find this strange because I ran onto an old friend today and found she is a flat Earther. I told her I did not agree and that we each knew we could not convince the other, but she would not shut up. Please STF up, Mary, please.

Probably got a flat head and flat brain with it.

As someone who spent decades in satellite operations, one can only imagine how yahoos like her make my blood boil! I would have thought these insane people would have gone the way of the dinosaur by now. But in our Trumpian anti-science dystopia, not only have they regained a place at the table, they fit right in.

That's exactly what "Malignant Normalcy" is!

The two students are awesome I think every other person there wanted to leave. She is so stupid. The guy who gave her a card is he obligated to do that or does he believe the rubbish she was spouting. It is a real worry when people like this are given a platform and not medication.

Yes, she needs some Prolixin, stat!

WTF, not another one crawling out from under some obscure rock?
As I do when encountering these poor, deranged Flat Earthers I offer up the following challenge,
I.e. PROVE conclusively to us all that you ARE 100% correct by starting at the point where you are now, walking westwards with a video crew beside you until you reach the very rim of the Flat Earth disc, go OVER the rim, continue across the underside, filming as you go, until you again reach the Eastern most rim, climb back over it and continue on until you have reached the point where you first commenced your journey from, then publish, for the ENTIRE world to see, the resultant, unedited movie of your epic travels.

Quite the rim-shot!

Silly astronauts. What do they know?

Wow!

We should let Qanon be taught in school too!

Then they can get a piece of that Patriots Education fund, funded by the Fascists and the Corporations to indenture and enslave Our children into overt poverty!!!

Yay! Yay!

I don’t think any of these people really believe the Earth is flat. I don’t know what their agenda is, but this belief is so ridiculous.

As is the belief in a Magic Kingdom, one that is not run by Disney!

And stupid also.

But the bible tells them the earth is flat... [biblestudytools.com]

Wow 😨

Toothless mental defective.

And this is a licensed teacher? Where did she go to school, with the people living deep in the mantle of the planet, eating rocks?

It wasn’t a teacher or board member. It was a parent.

@BlizzardMan Gotcha!

I love this! It is, after all, just "teach the controversy" taken to its logical conclusion. Unintentional satire, if you will.

Creationists: this is where unscientific thinking will take you!

Well, the bible does say the earth is flat. [biblestudytools.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539246
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.