Agnostic.com

11 7

LINK Self-Described “Pro Science” Rapper MC Hammer Embraces Intelligent Design | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

He’s best known for his 1990 hit single “U Can’t Touch This” as well as his trademark Hammer pants, but these days MC Hammer — now nearly 60 — is using his fame to spread the message of science. He’s cheerleading Black representation in STEM and shining a spotlight on Nobel laureates, and he’s happy to retweet any science story he finds interesting, whether it’s from popular media or PubMed.

snytiger6 9 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hammer tweets, "Pro Science Pro Creation Pro God" Well, as the song goes...

Just because he never evolved past the 80's.

He may have been spreading the message of science, but with this latest “intelligent design” move he is demonstrating he does not know what science is.

Hammer was doing pretty good and I liked his direction. If he now sees Intelligent Design it means he is connecting the dots. He would then be a person who "has to know." The truth is, there are so many things we do not know. I'm not sure when we will know.

The poor man, so much confusion. Maybe he needs to go back to school.

I always thought hi8s song "Can't Touch this" was inspired by catholic school experiences with priests.

WTF! How oxymoronic. Clearly ignorant of how science works and infected with fallacious reasoning. Sad and troubling.

Religion is inconsistent with science. I don't know how anybody in the scientific community can believe in God. It makes no sense.

Always loved Hammer. Even if he is wrong on intelligent design. But he's multiple steps forward in being pro science and 1 step back. Not bad for a religious man

Intelligent design, what a crock, evolution replacement fail.
Stupidest argument EVER "intelligent design", yea, right a theory designed by stupid people.

With over 4,000 known generic defects, "he's" not very intelligent

MC Hammer, a.k.a. Rev. Stanley Burrell, is promoting religion, who would have guessed. Not really guised with songs like "Pray" I would never have guessed. Listen to some of his songs and you will get the not so subtle religious undertones. Actually, don't bother, but do watch the cartoon with the magic shoes that turned him into MC Hammer. (Ah nostalgia, I'll never go back to you... well alright, just once for old time's sake.)

So, hes religious or believes the aliens designed us?

If the latter, then who does he think designed the aliens?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:541738
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.