Agnostic.com

13 14

LINK Irish Bishop Warns Catholics Against Dangers of “Mindfulness” and Yoga | David Gee | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Yoga and mindfulness are not going to help Catholics get any closer to God, an Irish bishop said as he cautioned followers against including the practices in parishes.

snytiger6 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, he IS right about that. That's how you know they work.

Especially if your catholic mindfullness prevents priests from fondling and molesting altarboys, now that would just be messed up!

Using a church of a yoga studio would make a better use of the building that what they using it for now.

" And unto thee I say as your Bishop, be not tempted by Mindfulness nor Yoga for they are sent by Satan, be thou not mindful nor concerned either with our predilections for your male children for we but try to show them the love of God whom we represent." - Catholic Bishop, Ireland.

At many Unitarian Universalist congregations, you'll find mindful meditation and yoga ... and ex-Catholics! Maybe that's the rub for the bishop.

I guess he really hates yoga pants... why would a Bishop hate.. oh never mind pubescent boys don't wear yoga pants.

Holy Cow, do you actually pull those things on or do you melt yourself down and 'pour yourself in to them?

@Triphid
I totally wish!
Not my picture, I just googled yoga pants and posted the one that I'd kill to be.

@Willow_Wisp But would it be worth it, I ask?

@Triphid Yes, it would.

@Willow_Wisp Blimey, imo, that outfit leaves very little to the imagination though.
Excuse my rudeness here, but only 3 more hooves are needed and there'd be a complete 'camel' on display.

@Triphid It's 100% cotton, but less cotton than can be found in an aspirin bottle. I'd wear it...

Better close that robe, your insecurity is showing.

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 21, 2020

Yes, mindfulness and yoga are terrible. In my church daze dad made me get rid of some books because he called them "black arts." ig uess his bibble told him so.

Yeah but I bet he did not open his mouth and warned parents about the dangers of paelophile priests.

Maybe not, but they have proven to be beneficial to a number of mental health issues.
[mentalhealth.org.uk]
[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

He is going to be bummed when he finds out about the origins of xmas and easter.

Mindfulness, you might actually think about what kind of b*** you're listening to. 🤭

Being emotionally and physically healthy does not make the Catholic church any money. Quite the reverse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545506
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.