Agnostic.com

12 16

My latest creation: a bargello quilt. I am in love with it and it is my opus. However, I am not retiring on my laurels but am planning the next. I doubt, though, that I will hit on a color combination as successful as the one in this quilt.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spectacular

Oooo.. Great job!! I love it 🌹

Wonderful work.

The color combo is delightful. I suspect it is accentuated by the juxtaposition of certain colors that create a blurred halo effect around the edges of certain colors (halation), and also increase the glow of those colors. Josef Albers explained halation with his color theory. [smile.amazon.com]

Also, of course, you executed a dynamic design perfectly well in this quilt. With that in mind, I feel certain you can create other quilts as beautiful as the bargello. Though I do feel this one is exceptional.

@Gwendolyn2018
Here are thorough demonstrations of halation, alternative color wheels, etc. (most definitions are too limited). [medium.com]

What a feeling of movement! And glorious color!

Awesome !

That is pretty amazing ! 🙂

@Gwendolyn2018 i wish I had your talent , ambition , and patience! 😉

Beautiful.

Beautiful!

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 21, 2020

That's beautiful!
I want one, but in black, unless you know of a darker color.

@Gwendolyn2018 I'd like to see that... black is my favorite color too... 🙂

That is fabulous dahling, simply fabulous!! It truly will be hard to beat, but it will be fun trying!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545584
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.