Agnostic.com

11 27

LINK Breonna Taylor grand jurors say police actions were 'negligent' and 'criminal' but were NOT given jury instructions for criminal charges for her death by the Prosecutor

Amy Coney Barrett may be the worst possible case scenario SCOTUS, but these Jurors speaking out, and being legally allowed to do so, just opened the door to a whole LOT of problems for Prosecutors across America that protect police and make shady deals with "witnesses" for law enforcement going under oath before a Grand Jury.

I have been watching this on WestLaw (and FindLaw has some documents as well) and it appears that there are multiple filings asking for a new Prosecutor (Federal) and an entirely new/additional Grand Jury proceeding in light of these Jurors and the allegations we most certainly all know, that the Prosecutor NEVER intended to indict those cops for killing Ms. Taylor.

#gamechangingprecedent

SeaGreenEyez 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is so wrong that the police can kill people without consequences!

We must reform them. I think there needs to be some sort of outside agency to police the police.

Her family should sue for wrongful death.

I think they already got millions from Louisville

@abyers1970
No amount of money can replace her life. Suing for wrongful death I believe lets criminal charges be brought before the court.

I guess the oath taken to uphold the law,not interpret them,doesn't mean what it used to.

Glad the grand jury members were able to speak out. It shows that the fix was in from the beginning, which is what I suspected was going on there after there was no action on the case even long after the shooting.

Black lives don’t matter to way to many cops.😡

That is a sad truth. 😥

@SeaGreenEyez That poor child! This is so sickening to keep seeing. I’m quite sure had this man been white those cops would have found a way to Not shoot him! We seem to have just about nothing but racist bigots on our police forces.

Yes, and this is where it all goes wrong. Prosecutors are very often all about building a political career and nothing more. I've even seen cases on TV where a judge steps in at last minute before jury deliberation and tells the jury exactly how they have to react and the conclusion they have to come up with by law. Some legal things are just absurd. As for Breonna Taylor, she was murdered. Anything racial here?

Let me switch briefly to Kamala Harris dancing in the rain at a recent gathering. People made bad remarks about it. Can't a black woman be happy? Would the bad remarks be there if it was a white person dancing in the rain? People of color get bad remarks generally and sometimes like Breonna Taylor they get murdered.

The new Grand Jury should consider indicting the "Prosecutor" as an accomplice after the fact.

This is precisely why it’s critical that we pay attention to down-ticket races every Election Day. We elect these prosecutors! There’s a shitty racist DA here in racist Johnson County, Kansas, who’s facing his first challenger since he was elected in 2008. I’ve been volunteer-working for his election since summer. He could positively impact the lives of 10’s of 1000’s, and hold police accountable for shit like racial profiling. He’s not perfect, but far far better than who we have. [thomasforda.com]

It finally comes out

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 28, 2020

They have pushed the envelope so much that they are far outside the bounds of what the Constitution allows. Yet these politicians who allow this are sworn to protect and defend the Constitution. This IS fascism, have no doubt about it.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." -Declaration of Independence

We need to declare independence from our fascist government!

Good info here, thanks!

A major part of the problem in this country is the deference judges give to the police when obtaining warrants, including the type used when bursting into Breonna Taylor's apartment. In my opinion, no-knock warrants should be used in only the most extreme situations where a lethal crime has been committed or is being planned. Not for drug busts! And only after an extended period of surveillance of the premises with positive ID on all occupants. It's a 'no go' if there's someone inside who is not a suspect. No allowances made for 'collateral damage.' The cops bursting into people's homes like this should almost never happen in this country. We're becoming a police state if we continue to allow this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.