Agnostic.com

60 14

Being single

How many of you are sick of being single?

hOtMeSs2017 4 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sick of being single, but the divorce was ugly and even after four years the scar is still touchy. Maybe, but my health would have to improve and I don't see that anytime soon.

BillF Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

Yep. It can be quite depressing sometimes.

yes and no....it has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Sick almost cold dead.....

I just became single, so no. I wouldn't mind a friend whose company I enjoyed to run around with,see movies, have an occasional meal. Some physical attraction would be a bonus, too. But I'm not eager to get emotionally immersed again.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 10, 2018

Being single or involve has its good and bad and for now concentrate in the goodness of being single untill the luky person come. Some yoga and meditation will help you to concentrate in whatever you like.

So you consider someone finding YOU as being "lucky?" Wow.

When you find someone YOU feel you are lucky to meet, then you will know it's really love, not self love.

@birdingnut we going both to be lucky

I enjoy being single; I enjoy being in a relationship. However, at my time of life I kinda relate to the scene in the movie Something's Gotta Give where Frances McDormand says and I quote:
'The over 50 dating scene is geared towards men leaving older women out and as a result the women become more and more productive and therefore more and more interesting. Which in turn makes them even less desirabe because as we all know, men especially older men, are threatened and afraid of productive and interesting women. Single older women over 50 as a demographic are about as fucked a group as can ever exist.'

Regrettably, I sympathize. I heard a tour guide (female) once in Alaska make reference to the 7:1 ratio of men to women. She said 'the odds are good, but the goods are odd'. All of us aren't as commonly portrayed, but there are plenty of reasons for that expectation. Enough that it gets really embarrassing sometimes. In fact, sometimes I've wondered about this transgender concept and considered the possibility that I'm a transgender lesbian..

Its a place where a lot of people are afraid to go. Once you go down the road by yourself you soon learn that its not the destination but the journey. Love everyone you meet and your never alone. The most valuable things about your self and your character will be told to you by someone who you recently met and never knew before. You don't have to worry about being yourself or hearing from someone you have known all of your life say something you could care less about.

I'm looking forward to starting a new relationship when I meet the right woman but I'm a lot less tired of being single than I was tired of being in a bad marriage before my divorce lol

I am. It's getting old.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

I really don’t care.

I'm tired of being single, but I am becoming more used to being alone. This is probably just as well.

Well, people want to marry pets and dogs,why do they even come here seeking human connection when in reality they are anti people?

I haven't been single in so long.......What was the question?

Been single all my life because no woman wants me..

I think you been single all your life because you didn’t need to be with a woman bad enough not because no woman wants you. The needs was behind most of the inventions.

Not sure I'd want a live together relationship, but a girlfriend would be real nice.

Not me. I'm glad that phase of my life is over with--and I escaped without reproducing or getting married or divorced. What I want for myself now is not compatible with intimate familial and/or romantic relationships.

Be single for as long as you can. Learn to be happy by yourself. The only thing that should change it is finding someone you can't be without.

What he said.

Sometimes. I do think things are more enjoyable when you have someone to share things with. I have been single half of my adult life, so l know how to do this.

I've hardly ever been "single" during my adult life, so now is my time. I love that all my time is my own to do whatever I want, nobody controlling my actions. Not tired of my freedom yet, but it's only been a month or so. I don't even feel like dating yet. I just want to relish my happy freedom and enjoy being the "me" I couldn't during my long marriage and more recent long relationship. Happy to be out of that!

Not me !! I am 74 years old and been single for almost 35 years. No thank you,nI don't like reporting my movements to anyone, shopping with them ? Aaargh !! Time keeping ? I am a stickler for it. Really, I enjoy my own company too much.

It has it's ups and downs. There are some things that are ok to do by yourself, but other things you just don't want to do alone.

Thats what friends are for.

Mostly single for past 25 years, all but 6 years of it, and totally single for past 14 years. Have a feeling I may be committed to it by now, even subconsciously and unintentionally.

I have only been partnered for about 10 years in my adult life. Being single has become such a part of my identity. I date and have had several meaningful relationships but they don't lead to commitment. I love solitude as I am a true introvert. I miss sharing life with and loving someone. Financially speaking, it's certainly easier with two incomes but.....but.....but....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.