Agnostic.com

13 2

do you follow the crowd or do your own thing?

LeighShelton 8 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I follow others, way behind them, doing my own thing, much to the consternation of my parents. (They called me a little bugger, but it has a different meaning over here). Now I do what I want and the rest be damned. I'm not artistic, but I love language and etymology and how the English language evolved. No one I know understands or cares except people with whom I used to teach. I don't like small talk and my sense of humor is dry and dark. I'm a sarcastic wench. Pretty much, I march to my own drummer and do my own thing. It's awesome! Love your tatts.

I'm no sheep as they tend to get fleeced more often.

You can't lead a life if you're busy following.

Since "the crowd" is blinded by religious and cultural dogma, I couldn't care less about following it's mores.

brilliant i agree

a sheep I will never be

I do what I need to do, in my own time frame, the the wishes of the herd, or their opinions are not relevant.

turf Level 5 Nov 27, 2017

no, obviously I live in a society where some things have to be done but apart from that, i do my own thing as much as possible.

I feel like I have a blindfold on, with eyeholes cut out. Shar Pei?

yes dougle one of my sharpie and my homemade coffee table

@LeighShelton I once had a shar-pei and he was one of the most wonderful dogs I ever had!

@LeighShelton The table looks like it could spin, does it? Do you make the ceramic faces and scary creatures? What's growing inside the tree's mouth?

there amazing dogs and as different from your average dog as you can get behaviour wise to though I love them all.yes, I made the table on wheels and the faces which is a planter but the plants are just for effect.

I had a few shar-pei and many others and I loved them all but there is something about shar-pei apart from there look. my male st bernard mated with my first shar-pei and I kept a pup and he was the best dog I ever had. I was more upset by his loss than by anything or anyone by far. my other shar-pei who is his brother is called humbug as they were both born at Christmas and I hate it hence the name.

I am a unique individual, just like everyone else.

I was talking about by choice not genetics

Leigh Shelton, so was I

I don't find that by choice everyone else changes and does there own thing. quite the opposite in fact. most people just run with the crowd hence religion being ingrained into society as much as it is.

I do what I like/enjoy. Sometimes the crowd's with me. More often, it's not.

Zster Level 8 Nov 27, 2017

same here but I don't care

I walk off the beaten path

i do and i stumble but its worth it

I follow the crowd blindly.

@silvereyes LOL I took my avatar pic with my crappy laptop camera. I had to tilt my head down to a weird angle so my glasses didn't reflect the screen.

indeed

@silvereyes @LeighShelton Better? 😉

Definitely do my own thing. I am my own boss-I've always been a rebel.

Depends on the crowd.

I question everything and crowds generally just follow. I'm no leader either.

I do my own thing but, usually, when alone. People don't like it when I do my own thing in public. Not sure why. It's a nice thing.

they think you're strange because your not a sheep. I think they're strange because they are. I like to use that grey pulp between my ears and question everything.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5511
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.