Agnostic.com

14 19

So basically stop associating with all religious people because that scripture is a definite description of them.

Wildgreens 8 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember, being in church ( big stone cathedral sized thing) hearing the priest say “ a letter from Paul to the Corinthians” the word was big and powerful with all kinds on meaning , expected to hear the angels shout ahh—ahh whenever it was spoken. Had to be important, whenever I’d ask my parents what it was, I would get scolded and told not to be impertinent! Later found out that was code for “how the hell are we supposed to know?”.
Then I find out Corinthians are just people from Corinth, a city in Greece. Then I begin to wonder, why would Paul send it to everyone in the city? Doesn’t he know their name? Shouldn't it be addressed to uncle Fester or cousin ITT or someone like that?
Catholicism is such a damn confusing thing....

Trump supporters really lost it on that one.

Funny, but these this seem to apply to congress as well. Never liked the Corinthians, their football team sucks...

😂🤣😂🤣

Who's doing the writing? What if they're NOT called a brother? Is it okay then? If there are "brothers" and non brothers, that's discrimination, yes?

Of course there’s nothing authentic about this.
This is very much discrimination!!!

That's most xtians for sure 😂

It sure as hell covers Trump on several issues: Sexually immoral, greedy, extortioner and probably an idolater if that covers the worship of money and power. I guess the Evangelicals didn't read this section of the bible.

Or just conveniently ignored it. (Most likely)

@SeaRay215ex well, as we all know, the Bible is pick and choose. Then follow the leader that picks the stuff you identify with the most.

Evangelistic’s rise to the top on this quote!!!

I think you made a typo there, isn't it Evilgelical?

The truth hurts so good.

This sounds so opposite of what Jesus taught. He was criticized because he kept company with publicans, prostitutes, and sinners of all types.

No proof of such existence.

Those hypocrites only quote the verses that hold up their perverse ideas.

Exactly, only what suits them.

@Wildgreens Cherry picking.

Well that SHOULD empty out ALL the Churches then shouldn't it?

Sir, you have a wicked sense of humour, and I love it!

@anglophone I do try my VERY BEST.

You are using biblical text so by biblical definition Religious people would be about "Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

If a biblical student and follower is being religious for biblical purposes then the are helping widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption.

The list you gave is just some evil people to avoid if one is following biblical teachings. It does not mean they are being religious because they are avoiding those types of people.

Most christianity is considered to had once been one of those evil types of people. So it is like telling an alcoholic that has recovered and no longer drinking that they show avoid hanging around drunks because they might go back to drinking.

Word Level 8 Nov 22, 2020

Why is it limited to "such a man" and not "such a woman" or "such a person"? 😉

Great question!

I'd hazard a guess and say that in the Holey Bibble they perceive women as nothing more than Goods, Chattels and the fleshy receptacles for the 'seeds' of men and living incubators for the 'crop/s' they are to carry.
What else can one expect from such a blatantly Misogynistic form of Belief?

Maybe all fundamentalists.

skado Level 9 Nov 22, 2020

Yes very much so.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:555088
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.