Agnostic.com

34 11

Are we all tired of being classified by a color, or what???

I hate racism.
Most of you still dwell in it though..
With your black-this and white-that...
It's childish, isn't it?
We are human beings with different skin tones.
?
If you want to classify people, why not start with cultural standards?

FinchiMcQ 6 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I take issue with the assertion that most of us still dwell in it (racism). I don't think you know what you're saying.

Racism serves no purpose. End it and we can live together more peacably. We as a people need to grow up.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

I'm sorry, but I'm guilty of judging people by how they drive and how many tickets and accidents they have on record. #drivingsnob #imanexcellentdriver

Lani Level 5 Apr 11, 2018

That's actually quite funny..?

I am color blind..... nuff said

Totally agree - Diversity is the key.

I don't approve of prejudice of any kind and agree it's childish. Not many individuals in this group seem to dwell in racism, FinchiMcQ. You might be preaching to the choir here.

I have learned to see skin tone as a superficial spectrum from light to dark. My brother got his genome and our ancestors come from North Africa. My understanding is that the human species as a whole originated in the heart of Africa and that Africans today are their direct descendants. When a splinter group formed from that original group and headed North, I have genes from that second group and I am Jewish, Greek, German.

There's no need for prejudice, we're all related. And the only reason I see for classifying anything is for further understanding.

Curious what you experienced here that made you post this.

We all originate from Africa. There is only the human race. I wish wish we all could get past skin color. But if we did we would just find something else to separate us in to Categories. I believe it is in our nature.

We are all the same,Black White,Yellow, Red.Racist people have small minds!

Coldo Level 8 Apr 11, 2018

The prejudice issue I left at home when I left at 16. My Archie Bunker-like stepfather is still as big a bigot now as he was back then. I know and appreciate too many people to even think that way. The issue when it comes up is like sewer water.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55669
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.