Agnostic.com

16 16

My first and last tattoo: eyebrows.

At 67, my eyebrows had thinned and turned white. With a (genetic) hand tremor, I'm crap with an eyebrow pencil. My favorite hiking partner, Karen, talked me into getting my eyebrows tattooed. She had it done.

This solved the daily problem of ineptly drawing on eyebrows with a shaky hand.

"Please follow my brow-line and use a brushing motion," I asked the tattoo stylist. "Make it look natural."

She used microblading. It was excruciatingly painful. Felt like my skin and brow bones were being flayed open with razor blades. Copious bleeding.

The first time was on Election Day. It was a good distraction. But my eyebrows turned out pencil-thin and blonde. Sigh.

A month later, back I went for another try. It was just as painful. More bleeding.

Photos:

1. A month after the second try. December 7, 2020

2. Four years ago, glowing after a run. My thick hair was layered.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't see a difference.

@BitFlipper

See how pencil-thin my eyebrows were in 2016? I drew them on with a shaky hand.

@LiterateHiker oh, the newer picture is on the left. Well then, okay.

For many years I contemplated getting a tattoo. My problem was that I could never make up my mind what I wanted. At 17 I wanted to tattoo Iron Maiden’s “Killers” album design. I’m glad I didn’t, not because I don’t like the band anymore, but it was a “phase” I was going thru. To this day I feel the same way. Tattoos are for life.........So you had better be 1000% certain it is what you want.

@SeaRay215ex

Good for you! I'm happy with the results.

No more ineptly drawing on eyebrows with a shaky hand.

A face tattoo as a first tattoo is brave!!! I’m covered in body tattoos but my neck is a high as I dare. The technician did a great job with the microblading. They look natural.

@graceylou

Thank you, dear.

The artist did a great job. I have a friend that had it done and it's all solid instead of brush strokes which I think is not nearly as attractive.

@Lorajay

Thank you. I appreciate your kind reply. Glad I asked for brush strokes.

Being an older guy I have the opposite problem... I don't know if anyone remembers the TV show In Living Color but Jim Carey played a guy selling the Juice Weasel and he had these wild eyebrows.. Mine get really long and I have to trim them every month. 😂🤣😅

@19dacar52

I've seen old men with huge white peaked eyebrows. They looked unkempt and crazy.

Looks like someone lifted them by their eyebrows!

Not been much into tatts, but I do think some people should have "left" and "right" tattooed onto their hands 🤣

I'm one of those people. I finally quit wearing my wedding rings about 3 years after my husband died and then I found myself in a pickle when I needed to know which was left and which was right.

I am a natural blonde and my eyebrows have gone gray/white, and they're even less visible than when they were blonde, if that is at all possible. I decided I wasn't going to worry about it. I do have a tattoo, but on my calf where it really didn't hurt going on. I'm considering a second tattoo, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

I have none either, but several designs I would take if a good artist owed me a favor. It’s just low on my list of things to sink a lot of money in. think if I had grown up in the 60s-80s ida wanted one to scare the squares. Now all the squares have tattoos too. From what everyone says, the skull has gotta be among the most painful places possible to get one. Any place where the skin is directly on bone is going to be the worst. Knuckles and joints, back of the hand, top of the foot and skull etc have little or no muscle to cushion the needles so you’re really feeling it scrape bone. I doubt it hurts half that badly when it’s over the thick part of a muscle. I’m glad you were able to stick it out and solve a problem with it!

@Wurlitzer

Thank you. That explains why it was extremely painful.

Eyebrows are over the brow bones.

@LiterateHiker and you could probably get some serious street cred in any biker bar if you tell em your first tattoo was on your skull! 🤘 😂

@VeronicaAnn nah nothin so final, I left Facebook (or at least stopped checking it) and it turns out I miss some of you crazy peeps! 🙂

Looks great! You do have a valid reason for doing that.

@BudFrank

Thank you.

My 1st and only tattoo is " lips " on my butt ! Lol

I used to really disdain tattoos, then when my ex had her mastectomy the doctor suggested a tattoo to replace the areola, I now realize that there are real cosmetic reasons that are easily justified and make perfect sense. Yours look good, nice choice.

@glennlab

Thank you.

Looking as beautiful as ever

@RoyMillar

Thank you, Roy!

I would never get a tattoo

@DaveRuggles

I felt the same way. To me, tattoos look cheap and tacky.

I share a disdain for tattoos but my daughters love them. Looks like this idea solved a problem for you. 🙂

@DennoPenno

Like you, I don't like tattoos. You're right.

My interest in tattoos stopped the instant it became the in thing.

If you're happy, I'm happy. 😊

@KKGator

Thanks, dear.

Looks great

@bobwjr

Thank you. I'm off to go hiking!

@LiterateHiker Enjoy your hike

I agree looks great!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559396
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.