Agnostic.com

22 15

LINK Pastor: Planes Don’t Crash If There’s a Christian “On That Airplane Praying” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

We learned last month that right-wing radio host and former candidate for Lt. Governor of Virginia E.W. Jackson tested positive for COVID even though he told his church earlier this year, β€œI can’t get it, because I talked to God about it.”

Jackson was speaking about his run-in with COVID on Wednesday during a Facebook livestream, but let me call your attention to an unrelated part of his mini-sermon where he was talking about how important it was to put your trust in God.

He talked about flying in planes that hit turbulence or deal with emergencies. In those situations, Jackson said, the only reason the plane makes it through is because Christians are on the plane.

snytiger6 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Flew into Cleveland years ago during a snowstorm we were the last flight into Hopkins, I thanked the flight crew, it was they, the maintenance crew and the aircraft that brought us down safely. πŸ˜‰

Is that so ?

I just can't even begin to measure how incredibly beyond reality these thoughts are ...

I. Just. Can't.

All those stupid people, where do they all come from?

Have you considered a remake of a Beatles song?

@oldFloyd It has crossed my mind, however, it is appropriate for the topic at hand.

@MrDragon Very

Those words would fit into a parody of "Eleanor Rigby".

Well if he isn't a bit deluded!

What a maroon!
πŸ™„

From people who have lived through close calls where it looked like the plane was going down, we know that lots of passengers pray to God the plane does not crash. Now this pastor wants us believe that the people on planes that actually do crash were not praying? Ha! They were praying their asses off!

So, none of the several thousands of World Trade Center 9/11 victims - in the buildings or on the planes - were Christians? Or perhaps they just weren't praying? If none of the diplomats at Benghazi were Christians, why did Republicans waste millions of dollars trying pin blame on Hillary Clinton and Pres. Obama? The blame clearly lies with those who died who should have been Christians. Now we see that even the Pastors of megachurches aren't Christian.

They’re Pedophiles, at least the Catholics.

He's already been proven wrong over COVID - so we know his words can't be trusted.

Funny enough. The last but one time I flew, I was sat in an isle seat between a fundamentalist couple and their children, ( Mother and two children on one side, father and eldest child on the other.) They seemed quite nice, and I spent a lot of time passing messages, sweets and toys, back and forth for them. But they got down and gave Allah a reminder at take off, then mid flight, then midday and just before landing.

I thought. With me sat in the middle here, poor old Allah had better have a good aim.

Too bad he couldn't have been aboard the Titanic!

Or the Lusitania, sank faster, fewer survivals.

An insane mind knows no difference from fantasy or reality.

Good put him on one crossing the ocean and then have the pilot bail with a chute to a waiting boat.

Well that was one of the funnier things I read today! 🀣🀣🀣

I wonder when and where he had his lobotomy.

Jackass... fanatics often are.

Leelu Level 7 Dec 12, 2020

What a douche. Nah, a douche is too kind of a word. Total ahole.

I'm sure every Christian on board will be praying if they think that they are going to crash. Still won't help. Just an idiot trying to matter and failing miserably.

Stupid comments mean a stupid person.

That's sounds like a though thing to prove.

Well, from now on I shall make sure that there is at least one Christian on board when I fly.

Put them in with checked luggage, no sense in having them bother everyone else.

@GeorgeRocheleau If you knew me you would know that they be the ones who wished they were with the checked luggage.

I've flown in planes that had turbulence. It has nothing to do with gods. Some planes have more turbulence that others and it does not mean they are going to crash.

Is he aware, that there are thousands of internal flights every day, in countries with virtually zero christian populations ? Boy there are some closed communities on this planet, and a lot of them are christian. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560227
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.