Agnostic.com

34 21

The woman that posted this in my FB feed is smart. She's a pharmacist for crying out loud. Her mother who had Alzheimer's just died of Covid-19 yet she still posts shit like this. She's a catholic...

God is going to call you home when He is ready, not a second earlier—
3 years from now, some of you will look back & admit that you spent an entire year of your life wearing a mask, cooped up in your house & avoiding all the people you love. 😭 A year in your life that you’ll never get back.
Every single day is a risk.
Car accident, flu, etc.
Our days were numbered from the moment we took our first breath. Life isn’t a race where we win against the inevitable! That has not changed since the beginning of time!
BUT, we should not be forced to live in fear.
We went from being a free nation to being told we:
🚫 couldn’t go to school
🚫 couldn’t go to church
🚫 couldn’t go to our grandma's house
🚫 couldn’t pay respects to a loved one through a funeral
🚫 couldn’t leave our homes
...and when we were allowed to do these things, we were told:
📢 how long we could be there
📢 how far apart we have to be
📢 which direction to walk
📢 what to wear
📢 what we can buy/not buy
📢 where we could shop/not shop
📢 whether we could sing/worship/take communion
📢 what time we had to be home
Yes, our health matters.
But you know what else matters?
✅ Family.
✅ Friends.
✅ Church.
✅ School.
✅ Sporting events.
✅ Family vacations.
✅ Neighborhood BBQs.
✅ Life.
✅ Fitness.
✅ Hugs.
✅ visiting the hospitalized
Etc..etc...
💔 One day, you’ll hug your grandma, mom, dad, or brother for the last time.
💔 One day, your best friend will cry on your shoulder for the last time.
💔 One day, your child will play their last school game.
💔 One day, they’ll have their last day of school.
💔 One day, you’ll spend your last day laughing with a loved one.
💔 One day, you’ll dance your last dance.
Don’t waste the days you have by living in fear.
Your time here on earth matters.
Live your life while you have the chance.
God is gonna call you home when it’s your time. And not a second sooner might I add.
Virus or no virus.
#FaithOverFear / #FreedomMatters / #RiseUp / #WakeUp
Please copy & paste it.
I did.

OldMetalHead 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

By her same damn "logic" that our time on this earth is predetermined, then you shoudn't EVER go to a doctor or get any medicine. Maybe not even put on a coat when it's below freezing outside. And don't even think about evacuating when a hurricane is imminent. After all, god wants you to die at a certain time and you'll die then, not before; god's got it all planned out.
To which I reply, god is a piss-poor planner. Hey! Perhaps that's one reason that these religious idiots worship the donald- he's a piss-poor planner too.

I am so confused by these people.

But remember, you are responsible for your actions. Unless god calls you home or tells you to stay and play more on earth, then your decisions won't change a bloody thing.

Shaking my head.

I can put up with a year to 18 months of depravation and isolation. In some ways, it's been good preparation and conditioning for rejoining the dating scene after Covid settles down. I would rather do without for 18 months than risk likely serious illness and possible death by taking a lot of risk with Covid and then likely getting it. I figure it's worth it in order to have a decent shot at living another 20 years or so in fair health. It also helps that I don't really miss seeing my few remaining relatives-siblings- because I don't get along with them anyway. My friends that are still in my life have the same cautious attitude about Covid. They are smarter than most people and that's probably why they are my friends.

Seems to be a person who puts religion over intelligence. She checks hers in order to honor or indulge her religion.

I agree. Let's absolve ourselves of personal responsibility for ourselves and others. Let's not vaccinate or wear seat belts or bicycle helmets. Let's abolish speed limits and safety regulations. Heck, lets get rid of laws against murder. If God wants me to get murdered why should their be punishment for the person who delivers God's plan to me?

And so what if I spread diseases to other people? Diseases don't kill anyone unless that's part of God's plan. Heck, I can run down the street shooting a gun at random people and not worry about it. Those bullets won't hurt anyone unless it's God's will.

I don't even have to get up in the morning. If God wants me to eat and go to work then he'll make sure I'll do it. God will take care of everything. I can just happily turn my brain off and never thing again because I might anciently think a thought that goes against God's plan.

If anyone has any doubts... this is pure sarcasm mixed with just a little pinch of bile. 😀

Someone on this site posted that very thing. I think it was last night or this morning.

@VeronicaAnn It took me forever scrolling to find it. He’s Dumbasarok. He had two equally dumb posts side by side.

I agree with her a little even though I don’t believe in predeterminism. We are mortal. The life equation has two factors - quality and quantity! The equation has an absolute value, ie. You have to have a quality in balance with quantity of life. Also, life has an element of risk. You can’t totally give up QUALITY.

A pandemic is specific...here, an easily spreading Virus. No one is being ask to give up ‘their freedom!’ They are being ask to alter behavior so that we can keep on living...beyond what can kill certain people and make others very sick and leave some left with unknown ill effects. This is what we know! If we didn’t know...that would be another story!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:560276
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.